ADVERTISEMENT

Official "FC has tds and prays there is no cure" thread

What makes it a bad study?

Study pulled from men

Study pulled from https://www.medrxiv.org/
Disclaimer from its website:
Caution: Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information.

Medication given to patients with greater than 50% of dying is destined to fail. Treatment was not administered on beginning of onset of symptoms.

Reactions: Raynman
Non-peer reviewed study I don't like? Fake.

Non-peer reviewed study I like? Concrete irrefutable evidence.

There is no reason for people to die when the cure is so obviously HQC Trump and Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil told me so. Studies are fake Dr. Oz is real shit.

It’s like saying a drug kills people that’s given to patients with stage-4 pancreatic cancer who have been hospitalized. Obviously, an extreme example

Except we know there can be severe side effects from HCQ, but besides that, it certainly doesnt appear to actually cure coronavirus anyway.

Study pulled from men

Study pulled from https://www.medrxiv.org/
Disclaimer from its website:
Caution: Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information.

Medication given to patients with greater than 50% of dying is destined to fail. Treatment was not administered on beginning of onset of symptoms.

That is all fair criticism, nobody is saying this study is the end all be all of it, but it is certainly every bit as valid as anything you have posted on here trying to build up this treatment.

Countries using HCQ early compared to USA in outpatient use. I posted a news story for one of countries listed. Here's one if you're lazy to search: https://www.google.com/amp/s/englis...o-use-Hydroxychloroquine-to-treat-coronavirus

It isnt about being too lazy to research, it's that I have other shit to do, and asking you to clarify your source has nothing to do with laziness. I dont know what it is about this board where some of you guys have to resort to insults instead of being able to have a normal conversation. But ok, if it works in Bahrain in limited cases then obviously case closed.

Except we know there can be severe side effects from HCQ, but besides that, it certainly doesnt appear to actually cure coronavirus anyway.
It’s not a cure. However, the side effects are definitely overstated. Possibly due to the age of the patient’s receiving it and their existing comorbidities. Lupus patients are often younger and many don’t have a lot of other separate health issues. Some do

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazyhole
It’s not a cure. However, the side effects are definitely overstated. Possibly due to the age of the patient’s receiving it and their existing comorbidities. Lupus patients are often younger and many don’t have a lot of other separate health issues. Some due

As I have said before, the only reason this drug is getting so much support from some of you guys is because of Trump. There are just as many studies that say it is basically pointless with regards to coronavirus as there are saying it works, but for some reason you guys are still convinced this is some sort of miracle drug.

Turkey's pneumonia cases dropping after early HCQ use:
rate_of_pneumonia_cases_graph-01.png

As I have said before, the only reason this drug is getting so much support from some of you guys is because of Trump. There are just as many studies that say it is basically pointless with regards to coronavirus as there are saying it works, but for some reason you guys are still convinced this is some sort of miracle drug.
I would take the drug if I contracted the virus. Especially if it was serious. I’m wondering if Boris Johnson received it

See, this is why I have trouble buying into this. So at one time 60% of confirmed coronavirus cases in Turkey would develop pneumonia? That seems really high.
Likely they were only testing the very sickest early on. Only 15% of Covid patients get pneumonia. So unless there is a reason for 60% of a population to have it I won't be convinced by a drop from 60-20. Unless HQC use lead to a pneumonia rate of like 8% and we can show that this is just an example of how data can be manipulated to prove a point.

Likely they were only testing the very sickest early on. Only 15% of Covid patients get pneumonia. So unless there is a reason for 60% of a population to have it I won't be convinced by a drop from 60-20. Unless HQC use lead to a pneumonia rate of like 8% and we can show that this is just an example of how data can be manipulated to prove a point.

Yep, something seems off with that chart. There might be a reasonable explanation such as who they were treating early on, but I have a hard time buying 60% of corona patients in Turkey would get pneumonia.

Yep, something seems off with that chart. There might be a reasonable explanation such as who they were treating early on, but I have a hard time buying 60% of corona patients in Turkey would get pneumonia.
Why? Pneumonia is an immune response to bacteria or viral infection. Id be willing to bet that on average, 90% of people who die of this have a form of pneumonia. The remaining 10% die of heart, brain, or kidney complications.

Why? Pneumonia is an immune response to bacteria or viral infection. Id be willing to bet that on average, 90% of people who die of this have a form of pneumonia. The remaining 10% die of heart, brain, or kidney complications.
Not even the WH is pushing this anymore but you're right in character being too difficult to admit that it's not turned out effective.

The chart isnt talking about deaths it is talking about cases in general. I have heard of nowhere else that 60% of people who get corona end up with pneumonia. In fact, arent you saying you think it has been here longer and already ran through a good portion of our population with either mild or no symptoms? But before the miracle drug 60% of corona patients in Turkey end up with pneumonia? That seems like one hell of a stretch. t

Last edited:
Not even the WH is pushing this anymore but you're right in character being too difficult to admit that it's not turned out effective.

Somebody with a financial interest had to have gotten in someone's ear to push this so hard with basically no evidence it worked.

Somebody with a financial interest had to have gotten in someone's ear to push this so hard with basically no evidence it worked.

You know how dumb that theory is? Pushing a cheap generic drug? The vaccine would get billions and billions. This generic can be mass produced by all the generic drug companies and the price isn't bad.

Still tons of studies that showed it worked so who knows. Find out later the truth. Trump was being optimistic like his style. He wasn't pushing anything.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The chart isnt talking about deaths it is talking about cases in general. I have heard of nowhere else that 60% of people who get corona end up with pneumonia. In fact, arent you saying you think it has been here longer and already ran through a good portion of our population with either mild or no symptoms? But before the miracle drug 60% of corona patients in Turkey end up with pneumonia? That seems like one hell of a stretch. t
What do you think people that get covid-19 are dying of? Their lungs fill up with fluid due to the immune response. Thats what pneumonia is. The few that don't and die have cardiac issues or kidney failure from it. Its not like pneumonia is a separate disease.

What do you think people that get covid-19 are dying of? Their lungs fill up with fluid due to the immune response. Thats what pneumonia is. The few that don't and die have cardiac issues or kidney failure from it. Its not like pneumonia is a separate disease.

For the second time, the chart isnt about deaths, it is about cases in general.

For the second time, the chart isnt about deaths, it is about cases in general.
Well it could be a deal where middle eastern people are more prone to serious symptoms, like with MERS. Who knows. We do know that this hit Iran pretty hard so it isn't out of the realm of possibility

Well it could be a deal where middle eastern people are more prone to serious symptoms, like with MERS. Who knows. We do know that this hit Iran pretty hard so it isn't out of the realm of possibility

Middle Eastern people were more prone to MERS because it comes from the Middle East. And there have only been about 2500 confirmed cases 800 deaths from MERS since 2012, so hardly a valid comparison.

Middle Eastern people were more prone to MERS because it comes from the Middle East. And there have only been about 2500 confirmed cases 800 deaths from MERS since 2012, so hardly a valid comparison.
So you are definitively saying that demographics and genetics have no bearing on this virus? I'll be sure to tell the black community that they are no more likely to get sickle-cell anemia than white people.

So you are definitively saying that and genetics have no bearing on this virus? I'll be sure to tell the black community that they are no more likely to get sickle-cell anemia than white people.

SIckle cell isnt a contagious virus, so nice strawman. You are really going to bat to defend the idea HCQ is a miracle drug arent ya?

Mike,

Inject yourself with disinfectant and see which presidential candidate doesn't have a brain.
He’s basically taken out of context. He’s saying that we need something to cleanse the blood like a disinfectant. You guys jump on his EVERY WORD

Mike,

Inject yourself with disinfectant and see which presidential candidate doesn't have a brain.
"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

A layman, non-Medical person trying to come up
with ideas. Admittedly stupid ones.

Hydroxychloroquine “could potentially be a game changer.”

You morons looking for a “presidential” candidate can go ahead and vote for Biden, but to suggest that he said to give yourself an injection of Chlorox is TDS to the max. Again

Last edited:
He’s basically taken out of context. He’s saying that we need something to cleanse the blood like a disinfectant. You guys jump in his EVERY WORD
He SAID IT WORD FOR WORD what are you ****ing talking about? Why is every dumb thing Trump says secretly a riddle that needs to be solved?

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”
is this suposed to validate something. That's literally him saying we should inject disinfectant.

I'm praying that there was context in Trump's comment. That was derp level: expert.

I'm praying that there was context in Trump's comment. That was derp level: expert.
It’s a layperson talking medical. Kind of like injecting chemotherapy into the body or limb infusion to try to treat malignant melanoma

It was a dumb comment, but those with TDS like Dr. Jeremy, Shookster and Shook Chicken will try to spin it that he wanted Lysol or Chlorox injected into the bloodstream

More normal people who hear this shit practically everyday, see non medical people say this crap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT