ADVERTISEMENT

Official "FC has tds and prays there is no cure" thread

What if I told you that the very first rule you learn in Firearms Safety 101 is to never, ever, discharge your firearm unless you know where that projectile is going? To know exactly what you're shooting at?

And you also ignored the 2nd piece of my post, which is below. This is a great way to have your spouse or child killed when coming home late at night.

“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because if you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”

That quote is when he was paraphrasing himself talking about shooting off the balcony. Am I saying you should do that? No (although honestly, makes as much sense as what many people think they need for self defense). DId he ever used the words blindly or wildly like you suggested? No, he did not, you still just made that part up.

Then why in the hell is he talking about injecting disinfectant or the baking in a tanning bed as a possible cure for crying out loud??!??

He spitballs this crazy stuff and then puts the real medical experts in the room on the spot by turning to them and saying, "It's possible...right?"
Did he specifically say a tanning bed? By the way.., whole body UV light is a treatment for some skin diseases. Potentially fatal ones

I agree with your last paragraph. It’s an arrogance, ego thing. He’s trying to take some layman knowledge and spitting it out there. Honestly, I laughed it off. People who don’t like him will use this against him in numerous ways. I get that

No where in that statement does he suggest injecting or ingesting a cleaner. He is just wondering if there could be a drug of some kind that would do that.
And that makes it okay???!?

This isn't a causal conversation with a buddy over morning coffee. This is the POTUS on live, national TV at a coronavirus briefing.

I agree with your last paragraph. It’s an arrogance, ego thing. He’s trying to take some layman knowledge and spitting it out there. Honestly, I laughed it off. People who don’t like him will use this against him in numerous ways. I get that
Wow...a real, honest-to-goodness response for a change. :) The trouble with Trump spitballing and then turning to his medical people for confirmation is that these experts are caught between a rock and a hard place on national TV. They don't want to piss off the Boss yet need to maintain a sense of reality regarding the topic being discussed.
Did he specifically say a tanning bed?
Nope. That was me taking the UV rays thing to its natural conclusion! :)

But we all know that Trump has a lot of experience with tanning beds. :)

Did he specifically say a tanning bed? By the way.., whole body UV light is a treatment for some skin diseases. Potentially fatal ones

I kind of like how he takes them out of their comfort zone. It forces them to explain things in ways that are easier for people to understand. Otherwise, all we'd be getting is talk that goes over peoples heads.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I kind of like how he takes them out of their comfort zone. It forces them to explain things in ways that are easier for people to understand. Otherwise, all we'd be getting is talk that goes over peoples heads.
The more I read about this, the more I see it was taken out of context. Trump being Trump. Next......

It's the latest in a long line of comments that demonstrate clearly that Trump is unfit to handle shit like this. We essentially have no leader. He is sending medical professionals on wild goose chases that he just dreams up and the doctors have to work extra hard to get him reeled in to the world of reality. We'll get through this in spite of Trump because we have no other options and we have other competent leaders to offset him, but he is a constant headwind to progress on this. Supporting the protests where people will get sick is another example. He has control of the chuds, he could choose to save these lives. He won't because the politics is all that matters to him.

There is no way he can be trusted to lead this country for 4 more years. He's unable to do his job when it involves anything more nuanced than MuH tAx CuTs.

50,000 dead as of today, how many American lives could have been saved by a good leader? What is the number that we should accept?

The more I read about this, the more I see it was taken out of context. Trump being Trump. Next......
You're reading the spin that validates what you want to be true.

The truth is that this man is an idiot. Now, thanks to non-idiots who are also involved, no one is going to do this but he is a headwind to projects that these medical professionals should be working on. How many dumb ideas does this man toss out behind the scenes? We need double the staff that we would need in normal circumstances. Half to educate an absolute idiot antivaxer president and half to do the normal work that will heal the country.

You're reading the spin that validates what you want to be true.

The truth is that this man is an idiot. Now, thanks to non-idiots who are also involved, no one is going to do this but he is a headwind to projects that these medical professionals should be working on. How many dumb ideas does this man toss out behind the scenes? We need double the staff that we would need in normal circumstances. Half to educate an absolute idiot antivaxer president and half to do the normal work that will heal the country.
Are you saying that half of the medical experts in this country are now going to begin trials to see if Pine Sol or Mr Clean given IV will kill Covid-19? Wow..., you don’t think that our medical community is very intelligent

Reactions: Crazyhole
Are you saying that half of the medical experts in this country are going to begin trials to see if Pine Sol given IV will kill Covid-19? Wow..., you don’t think that our medical community is very intelligent

Well trump did sign an executive order for it, so.....

Breaking news:

Trump to announce a Tilex Task Force!!!!

500 billion dollars to fund it!!!

Well i use zinc for galvanizing metal, so maybe we just hot-dip the patients. Someone should look into this.
We already secretly tried landing a manned spacecraft on the Sun. They burned up. This will probably happen with molten Zinc, but who knows? I would spend my taxes on that study if Trump said it could save lives. A potential game changer that hot zinc dip

We already secretly tried landing a manned spacecraft on the Sun. They burned up. This will probably happen with molten Zinc, but who knows? I would spend my taxes on that study if Trump said it could save lives. A potential game changer that hot zinc dip

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but zinc galvanizing is approved and known to be safe. What do you have to lose?

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but zinc galvanizing is approved and known to be safe. What do you have to lose?
Nothing at all to lose. We will see what that killjoy Dr Fucti says about it in today’s briefing. He will probably say something ridiculous like we need further testing.

Nothing at all to lose. We will see what that killjoy Dr Fucti says about it in today briefing. He will probably say something ridiculous like we need further testing.
Hahahahahahahahahaha! It wouldn't be so funny if it wasn't that close to being true.

That quote is when he was paraphrasing himself talking about shooting off the balcony. Am I saying you should do that? No (although honestly, makes as much sense as what many people think they need for self defense). DId he ever used the words blindly or wildly like you suggested? No, he did not, you still just made that part up.

I see. I guess you guys get to pick and choose when stuff said off the cuff by a VP or President warrants "a danger to society!" or not.

I see. I guess you guys get to pick and choose when stuff said off the cuff by a VP or President warrants "a danger to society!" or not.
When it comes to "picking and choosing," I can certainly understand why ANYTHING would be better to discuss than your Blowhard-in-Chief spitballing bizarre corona virus "cures" like injecting disinfectants. :)

Wow...a real, honest-to-goodness response for a change. :) The trouble with Trump spitballing and then turning to his medical people for confirmation is that these experts are caught between a rock and a hard place on national TV. They don't want to piss off the Boss yet need to maintain a sense of reality regarding the topic being discussed. Nope. That was me taking the UV rays thing to its natural conclusion! :)

But we all know that Trump has a lot of experience with tanning beds. :)
Who the hell would ever think that using UV light internally could be a therapeutic tool? Those people must be total idiots. Or doctors at Cedars-Sinai trying out actual new and innovative technology.

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

See, this is why I have trouble buying into this. So at one time 60% of confirmed coronavirus cases in Turkey would develop pneumonia? That seems really high.
Turkey is very polluted and has large cigarette usage which is about 25% of the population. Average male adult smoker smokes about 17 cigarettes a day.

Not that I agree with bringing up ideas in that setting and asking doctors on the spot, but even formaldehyde is used as a vaccine and a disinfectant. In general it's a bad idea. The light conversation was reasonable in the right setting to ask.

Not that I agree with bringing up ideas in that setting and asking doctors on the spot, but even formaldehyde is used as a vaccine and a disinfectant. In general it's a bad idea. The light conversation was reasonable in the right setting to ask.
Those are the kind of things you get because the guy is not on teleprompter but is speaking off the cuff and throwing ideas out there. He’s just weirdly comfortable enough or ZFG enough to do it in the middle of the briefing. It’s a mistake, no doubt, but I still find it far more appealing than the guy that reads every single line off the teleprompter of a speech prepared for him and focus group tested. That guy, or gal, will never let you know what they actually think or what they’re actually trying to do. They’re just feeding you shitty dog food to keep you appeased. There is no doubt that many of you prefer that method of leadership and you’re welcome to it. I prefer my leaders to be human, flaws and all.

He’s just weirdly comfortable enough or ZFG enough to do it in the middle of the briefing.
What you call 'weirdly comfortable,' I call batshit crazy.
I still find it far more appealing than the guy that reads every single line off the teleprompter of a speech prepared for him and focus group tested. That guy, or gal, will never let you know what they actually think or what they’re actually trying to do. They’re just feeding you shitty dog food to keep you appeased.
Ah, 'shitty dogfood' to keep us appeased?
You mean stuff like:
  • "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China. It's going to be fine."
  • "One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear."
  • "And this is their new hoax!"
  • "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."
  • "We have it under control."
Thank goodness, you're WAY too savvy to fall for any slick politician bullshit, right? :)

Remember that time I mocked Trump for telling people we were going to look into disinfectant injections and crazyholes response was to claim I was anti-cure and wanted people dead?

Wild times were living in when the obviously correct stance gets you labeled as cheering for death.

Remember that time I mocked Trump for telling people we were going to look into disinfectant injections and crazyholes response was to claim I was anti-cure and wanted people dead?

Wild times were living in when the obviously correct stance gets you labeled as cheering for death.
I don't understand why nuking the virus won't kill it like those hurricanes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT