ADVERTISEMENT

OK the betting line is open for the question: How long does Dawkins last?

You guys sound like Nebraska fans. "Only one coach away. If we just hire Grant McCasland or Scott Frost, then we will be super successful."

Never did I think UCFans would become more insufferable than t-shirt bandwagoners on Soundoff.

Last question, before I leave this thread. Should WVU fire Bob Huggins this year? WVU is 9th in the Big 12 with a miserable 3-12 in conference record.

#UCFacts
Huggins should retire.

Guess he realized the absolutely stupid comparison to an UCF football coach that brought us from completely defeated to undefeated in 2 years: to an UFC BB coach who has brought us from the middle of the field to the middle of the field in twice as long, was a damn stupid comparison. (I do wish Dawkins the best and really wished he brought us to the next level, not the "Hey we also played in the AAC" level.)

You guys sound like Nebraska fans. "Only one coach away. If we just hire Grant McCasland or Scott Frost, then we will be super successful."

Never did I think UCFans would become more insufferable than t-shirt bandwagoners on Soundoff.

Last question, before I leave this thread. Should WVU fire Bob Huggins this year? WVU is 9th in the Big 12 with a miserable 3-12 in conference record.

#UCFacts
Uhhhh are you really comparing a goddamn legendary coach in huggy bear who has built a program everywhere he’s been to a mediocre one trick pony Cause oh boy. Oh please name a program Dawkins has built. Stanford? Already a well established power basketball school before Dawkins not so much after him. That sure bodes wellUCF? Uhhh he won with Donnie’s recruits and hasn’t built anything here. Also huggy has been to a final 4 beating a powerhouse Kentucky along the way. But sure

Bish you didn’t know who Grant McCasland was before I named him. Shall I name the coaches UCF could get who would come here? Ok I will. Oh and I see you’re too much of a p ussy or too stupid to understand kenpom. Well UCF dropped 50 points in kenpom in a month. Sure bodes well.

nico medved
Andy Kennedy
Drew Valentine
Grant McCasland
Casey Alexander
Darian DeVries

all better than Dawkins all would jump to come to a big 12 school. Oh btw before you cry about me not knowing basketball my ring from dr Phillips as an assistant coach last year says different. Sorry I can’t post so much. I’m not a sad 45-50 year old who has the same stupid gimmick for years on a messages board. I actually have a life.

Last edited:
This thread just got extra spicy and I like it. I’m here for the party and Firedawkins laying it down 👀 🍿

PS UCFhonors is a pretentious tool.

This thread just got extra spicy and I like it. I’m here for the party and Firedawkins laying it down 👀 🍿

He is. Also I see Don Quixote ran to the mods because he didn’t like getting called out for his stupidity.

anyways neither of the sad sacks have brought up Kenpom, the best predictor of how good a team is, I wonder why. Could it be because UCF dropped 50 places since entering conference play. Could it be that UCF isn’t even projected to be in the NIT this year? https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

“oh but the aac is a meat grinder” then what the fu ck is the big 12? If these idiots think this 2 bid league is tough wait until you play in the best damn conference in basketball. Oh btw the best jucos in the country are in the state of Florida. Indian river being one of them. UCF has no interest in them. Know who does? Sec, big 12, big 10 teams. That’s because Dawkins is still living in the 80s and can’t figure out modern basketball. He still thinks that mr. Basketball’s mean something and refuses to go on the aau circuit. But keep getting the Isaiah Adams of the world. That’s worked out spectacularly for UCF this year

He is. Also I see Don Quixote ran to the mods because he didn’t like getting called out for his stupidity.

anyways neither of the sad sacks have brought up Kenpom, the best predictor of how good a team is, I wonder why. Could it be because UCF dropped 50 places since entering conference play. Could it be that UCF isn’t even projected to be in the NIT this year? https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

“oh but the aac is a meat grinder” then what the fu ck is the big 12? If these idiots think this 2 bid league is tough wait until you play in the best damn conference in basketball. Oh btw the best jucos in the country are in the state of Florida. Indian river being one of them. UCF has no interest in them. Know who does? Sec, big 12, big 10 teams. That’s because Dawkins is still living in the 80s and can’t figure out modern basketball. He still thinks that mr. Basketball’s mean something and refuses to go on the aau circuit. But keep getting the Isaiah Adams of the world. That’s worked out spectacularly for UCF this year

It typically takes a while to figure out who created the burner account. Not this time. Creating a burner account and talking to oneself is one of the most pathetic things to do on a message board.

It's crazy to see that we could UCFinish with 20 wins this year and some of you would still be calling for the HC to be fired.

#UCFacts

HPN...do you still walk around with a whistle around your neck?

I have found your treatment towards some UCF basketball players utterly disgusting. You can take your Kenpom knowledge and shove it. Learn how to be a decent human being UCFirst and UCForemost.

#UCFacts

The AAC is usually a solid basketball league with anywhere from 4 to 6 schools with a chance to make postseason tournaments. This has been a down year with 2, maybe 3 teams, with an opportunity to play in the postseason.

Reactions: Knight_Light
HPN...do you still walk around with a whistle around your neck?

I have found your treatment towards some UCF basketball players utterly disgusting. You can take your Kenpom knowledge and shove it. Learn how to be a decent human being UCFirst and UCForemost.

#UCFacts
Oh Rob you morbidly obese loser have you stopped creeping on Lexi yet? She’s not gonna f uck you

Oh Rob you morbidly obese loser have you stopped creeping on Lexi yet? She’s not gonna f uck you

My name is not Rob, Harry. Do realize I have met many people on this board from my years of going to practices and having meals with the coaches. And just prove how UCFoolish you are, I have pictures of myself in my sig. Not even close to "morbidly obese".

Do you still wear a walk-around with a whistle around your neck, and always wearing a NY Yankees hat?

#UCFacts

The AAC is usually a solid basketball league with anywhere from 4 to 6 schools with a chance to make postseason tournaments. This has been a down year with 2, maybe 3 teams, with an opportunity to play in the postseason.
Usually a 2 team NCAA league. This year it’s actually 3 or 4 from what I’ve seen.

Reactions: UCFhonors
It was dumb...as UCF had a very good non conf schedule this year with Oklahoma, Auburn, Miami, Michigan and FSU*.

Believe this was easily the best non-conf schedule ever for UCF.

Note: FSU chickened out and canceled game in FT Lauderdale at last minute.
Pretty wild to call my comments “dumb” when you are the one that didn’t even bother to read what I originally wrote.

I never once said the non-conference schedule was weak. I clearly said their only quality non-conference win was at Miami. We weren’t talking about the schedule, we were talking about quality wins prior to conference play (Miami yes, because it was a road win - even though their NET has been nosediving. Michigan maybe, their NET looks good because the conference they play in, but they’re also a .500 team).

But thanks for being inflammatory anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was dumb...as UCF had a very good non conf schedule this year with Oklahoma, Auburn, Miami, Michigan and FSU*.

Believe this was easily the best non-conf schedule ever for UCF.

Note: FSU chickened out and canceled game in FT Lauderdale at last minute.
actually, you're kind of a know it all. Dumb? What was dumb?

Pretty wild to call my comments “dumb” when you are the one that didn’t even bother to read what I originally wrote.

I never once said the non-conference schedule was weak. I clearly said their only quality non-conference win was at Miami. We weren’t talking about the schedule, we were talking about quality wins prior to conference play (Miami yes, because it was a road win - even though their NET has been nosediving. Michigan maybe, their NET looks good because the conference they play in, but they’re also a .500 team).

But thanks for being inflammatory anyway.
Knightlight is a known sarcastic idiot. Mr. Know it all.....su·prem·a·cist...you know..LOL. His super-educated response is the word DUMB. He cannot have a logical educated calm conversation.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Knightlight is a known sarcastic idiot. Mr. Know it all.....su·prem·a·cist...you know..LOL. His super-educated response is the word DUMB. He cannot have a logical educated calm conversation.

I have had plenty of logical educated conversations with K_L as has many others have. He has never been known as sarcastic or an idiot.

This thread has gone way too far. Especially after seeing posters creating fake handles and all the name calling.

If I was mod I would have locked this thread a few pages ago.

#UCFacts

Reactions: knight_tracker
Nice competitive half from our boys.
18 points in a half…against Tulane!?? Eighteen! Can’t wait to hear from a few on this thread about what a powerhouse the mighty Green Wave are lol!

And Tulane is missing their best player (second leading scorer in the conference). Still up by 16.

24% FG%, 12% 3PT%, 6 turnovers to just five team assists! Starting backcourt of Perry and Johnson went 0 for 10 FGA’s in first half.

This product is absolutely disgusting. Coach ‘em up Johnny, you’re doing just fine.

Nice competitive half from our boys.
18 points in a half…against Tulane!?? Eighteen! Can’t wait to hear from a few on this thread about what a powerhouse the mighty Green Wave are lol!

And Tulane is missing their best player (second leading scorer in the conference). Still up by 16.

24% FG%, 12% 3PT%, 6 turnovers to just five team assists! Starting backcourt of Perry and Johnson went 0 for 10 FGA’s in first half.

This product is absolutely disgusting. Coach ‘em up Johnny, you’re doing just fine.
The response will be, UCF should not expect to compete with Tulane on the road. Dawkins is already surpassing the expectations for the program.

Daniels voice just exudes disappointmemt....now he's talking up the Ole Miss series...which we'll be dominated....

I disagree with whoever said we would be better off at 6 than 5. If we win we play Memphis instead of Temple. Temple is clearly the worse team. Memphis is pretty hot. Won 10 of last 11.

So it is now official -- UCF finishes in the bottom half of the AAC for the third consecutive season. The last time they finished above .500 in conference play was 2018-19, led by B.J. Taylor, Tacko Fall and Chad Brown -- all Donnie recruits -- and Aubrey Dawkins, the coach's son.

In six years at UCF, Dawkins has only one high school recruit who has contributed significantly -- Darin Green, Jr. That's why he hasn't accomplished anything with his own players.

Essentially next year will be a pass since the team will be expected to be weak, then no will expect the team to be competitive in the B12 the first year(s). Dawkins could coast into a contract extension. This was the last year the team had actual expectations to compete for a post season tournament.

Essentially next year will be a pass since the team will be expected to be weak, then no will expect the team to be competitive in the B12 the first year(s). Dawkins could coast into a contract extension. This was the last year the team had actual expectations to compete for a post season tournament.
I agree GWOZ. They won't do anything because of the reasons you mentioned plus he's a BIG NAME too. But, he will have to produce at some point in the B-12

So it is now official -- UCF finishes in the bottom half of the AAC for the third consecutive season. The last time they finished above .500 in conference play was 2018-19, led by B.J. Taylor, Tacko Fall and Chad Brown -- all Donnie recruits -- and Aubrey Dawkins, the coach's son.

In six years at UCF, Dawkins has only one high school recruit who has contributed significantly -- Darin Green, Jr. That's why he hasn't accomplished anything with his own players.
The higher ups at UCF won't act on it. Like GWOZ said, crap year next year, B-12 2024...new comer so crap year first year big 12. Then they'll see what he's made of. If I was a betting man, I'd bet we'll see the same crap. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: georgiaknight
I could be petty. But I hope this serves as a learning experience for new UCFans.

UCF sits strongly at #2 in the AAC, and currently is poised for a NCAA tournament at-large bid. Memphis was getting votes in the AP biased poll last week despite them being 20 places below us in Net Rankings. Goes to show how stupid the Polls are, and how much perception matter to them.

Any UCF fan should be ecstatic of our basketball season this year.

Net Rankings

NET RANKPREVIOUSSCHOOLCONFERENCE
11HoustonAAC
3736UCFAAC
5758MemphisAAC
99100CincinnatiAAC
115111TulaneAAC
133135Wichita St.AAC
163169TempleAAC
170176East CarolinaAAC
199202South Fla.AAC

AAC sits at #9 in Net Rankings which top 10 conferences where considered High Majors before all the P5 crap came along. If we take out Tulsa, SMU and usf, the AAC jumps to 7th above the ACC (who also has 3 schools dragging their average down including Louisville and Florida State)
OrderConferenceAverage of NET RANK
1​
Big 12
28​
2​
Big Ten
57​
3​
SEC
71​
4​
Big East
79​
5​
Mountain West
90​
6​
Pac-12
95​
7​
ACC
108​
8​
WCC
116.9​
9​
AAC
134​
10​
C-USA
145​

Now admittingly the Big 12 is whole different beast. UCF's NET is 9th in the New Big 12. But that is right below Baylor who just won the National Championship 2 years ago.

New Big 12 orderNet RANKPREVIOUSSCHOOL
1​
11Houston
2​
54Kansas
3​
810Texas
4​
1115Iowa St.
5​
1311Kansas St.
6​
2019West Virginia
7​
3031Baylor
8​
3130TCU
9​
3736UCF
10​
4442Oklahoma St.
11​
4649Oklahoma
12​
7360Texas Tech
13​
8890BYU
14​
99100Cincinnati

#UCFacts

Reactions: PositYourself
Our SOS is about 100 which is why we weren’t getting votes in polls. Will take a win against UH and no other losses before to crack polls. Beating FSU and Oklahoma St seemed decent a month ago but they aren’t good.

When they lost the first game of the season in OT i was like "here we go again" but I was wrong. This team has a lot of heart and can play. Every guy on the court is a threat. Last night just proved how much heart this team has (refreshing after what happened the last few weeks of football). The losses on the season are close nail bitters. Would be nice to see them pick off Houston in 2 weeks.

Our SOS is about 100 which is why we weren’t getting votes in polls. Will take a win against UH and no other losses before to crack polls. Beating FSU and Oklahoma St seemed decent a month ago but they aren’t good.

NET rankings has SOS baked in.

The NET includes more components than just winning percentage. It takes into account game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, net offensive and defensive efficiency, and the quality of wins and losses. It's both a results-driven and predictive metric

#UCFacts

NET rankings has SOS baked in.

The NET includes more components than just winning percentage. It takes into account game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, net offensive and defensive efficiency, and the quality of wins and losses. It's both a results-driven and predictive metric

#UCFacts
Yes but when voters look at our schedule they see us and 40 other schools with same win loss record relatively. It’s hard to pick only a few of those to give votes to. A win against UH gets us in 25 or so without any other stumbles.

As a follower who has criticized Johnny Dawkins on numerous occasions, I must be honest by giving credit where credit is due. This year's schedule has been marginally difficult with good results. UCF could arguably have won all but one game and they were in that one on the road at Houston. Statistically the team is vastly improved in a number of areas, especially on offense. Rebounding is better, FT shooting is excellent as is scoring margin and 3 pt percentage. If there is one area they still need to improve upon, it is shot selection. So, well done guys an coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT