ADVERTISEMENT

Public Hearings on January 6th

They werent going to change anything on their own, but we really dont know what would have happened had they even been able to delay it, or worst case scenario, injure or kill people who needed to be their to vote on it.

The military wouldnt have to do all that, just like in other countries they dont imprison almost the entire population, they just quell uprisings and protect the leaders. I dont think our military would do that, but honestly, nothing would surprise me anymore about this country.
Remember, AMERICANS HAVE BIG GUNS!

Remember, AMERICANS HAVE BIG GUNS!

They do. If it ever came to something like that it would be ugly for sure, but the military has far more stuff than the citizens do. I wouldnt think that would ever happen, surely our military wouldnt start murdering Americans even if the top brass told them too, but even having leaders who would want to use the military on Americans is concerning enough.

Just saying that those morons that stormed the Capitol weren’t going to chang a damn thing. Not playing it down in anyway whatsoever, but come on, you don’t change the government and have a coup by taking over the Capitol building.

Uh…, we have a military, right? Do you think they were going to execute or lock up all Democrats and the opposition as political prisoners because Trump orders them to? In America? That’s like 200 million people. Probably much more
how do you think Putin stays in power? It isn’t by imprisoning the entire Russian populous. It’s by lying to his people, bending the rules of power, and using every available resource and method to hang on. Truth is most ordinary citizens aren’t going to be willing to lay their life on the line to ensure a proper transfer of power. Which is why it is important to elect the right people and have adequate checks and balances in the government. We have mechanisms in place to balance power, but if there is enough of a faction in those other branches that is loyal to the president, who is truly going to demand and fight for the transfer? The military? What if they believed the lie too?

how do you think Putin stays in power? It isn’t by imprisoning the entire Russian populous. It’s by lying to his people, bending the rules of power, and using every available resource and method to hang on. Truth is most ordinary citizens aren’t going to be willing to lay their life on the line to ensure a proper transfer of power. Which is why it is important to elect the right people and have adequate checks and balances in the government. We have mechanisms in place to balance power, but if there is enough of a faction in those other branches that is loyal to the president, who is truly going to demand and fight for the transfer? The military? What if they believed the lie too?
Putin basically imprisons everyone in the country that even speaks up against the government (The Ukraine war) and it’s limitless. There are several countries that would imprison or execute thousands like Russia, China and NK.

Our military has too much political divisiveness, that there’s just no way that could happen in this country. That’s why the worse case scenario from January 6th would have been some major chaos and even deaths, but there’s just no way that freaking imbeciles and degenerates dressed in Viking suits were changing anything

When I turned on my TV at 10:00 P.M. that night, I just shook my head, because that was such a small part of Republicans. It was a completely unorganized shitshow. Serious, but almost comical

Putin basically imprisons everyone in the country that even speaks up against the government (The Ukraine war) and it’s limitless. There are several countries that would imprison or execute thousands like Russia, China and NK.

Our military has too much political divisiveness, that there’s just no way that could happen in this country. That’s why the worse case scenario from January 6th would have been some major chaos and even deaths, but there’s just no way that freaking imbeciles and degenerates dressed in Viking suits were changing anything

When I turned on my TV at 10:00 P.M. that night, I just shook my head, because that was such a small part of Republicans. It was a completely unorganized shitshow. Serious, but almost comical
It depends on how convincing the story is. Yeah, Trump didn’t have a convincing story and he was trotting out a sweaty farting dude to stand in front of landscape companies and tell you why Hugo Chavez stole the election. But imagine if he had a convincing and plausible story that was reasonable to a larger segment of the population. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, even if we do have a piece of paper called the constitution.

. But imagine if he had a convincing and plausible story that was reasonable to a larger segment of the population. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, even if we do have a piece of paper called the constitution.
It’s going to take a rare, “special” individual that’s going to have the ALL of the qualities necessary to get voted in, develop/recruit a large enough “cult” and “brainwashed” following, and convince enough of the population to believe such a story. Thankfully, only some of the population is mentally weak and uneducated to believe BS

Yeah, Trump didn’t have a convincing story and he was trotting out a sweaty farting dude to stand in front of landscape companies and tell you why Hugo Chavez stole the election. But imagine if he had a convincing and plausible story that was reasonable to a larger segment of the population.
Even with a "are you f*king kidding me??!?" story and a 'sweaty farty dude' telling it, 65% of Republicans still believed him and his boss's claims the election was stolen.

Okay, time for our Usual Suspects to jump in and tell us that both sides are guilty as sin as if 'all is fair in love and politics.'

The committee used today's hearing to illustrate the pressure put on the Justice Department to install a Trump toadie at the helm who would pursue the President's false claims of voter fraud and stop the certification of the 2020 election.

It’s the latest account of how damn close we came to having a constitutional crisis if the DOJ's leadership had not threatened to resign in mass.

Before these hearings, I would have assumed the top brass in DOJ were all Right-wing boobs. But the people under Bill Barr showed themselves to be men of integrity when they realized Trump wanted to use the DOJ to spread doubt about the election results. So after hearing their testimony today, I'll give credit where credit is due. These hearings have highlighted Republican Secretary of States in Georgia and Arizona, the Republican Veep, and now these Republican DOJ officials who have shown Americans their genuine commitment to the Constitution. Unlike, I might add, the GOP toadies in Congress.

The committee used today's hearing to illustrate the pressure put on the Justice Department to install a Trump toadie at the helm who would pursue the President's false claims of voter fraud and stop the certification of the 2020 election.

It’s the latest account of how damn close we came to having a constitutional crisis if the DOJ's leadership had not threatened to resign in mass.

Before these hearings, I would have assumed the top brass in DOJ were all Right-wing boobs. But the people under Bill Barr showed themselves to be men of integrity when they realized Trump wanted to use the DOJ to spread doubt about the election results. So after hearing their testimony today, I'll give credit where credit is due. These hearings have highlighted Republican Secretary of States in Georgia and Arizona, the Republican Veep, and now these Republican DOJ officials who have shown Americans their genuine commitment to the Constitution. Unlike, I might add, the GOP toadies in Congress.
There is nothing wrong with most of the GOP. Difference in some policy preferences is all. The problem is the MAGAt infestation.

There is nothing wrong with most of the GOP. Difference in some policy preferences is all. The problem is the MAGAt infestation.
I agree -- but Trump's 2016 win and the GOP's Sgt. Shultz-like 'I see nothing, nothing!' reaction to Russian interference, wide-spread corruption. blatant Putin ass-kissing, and two impeachments has shaken me.

So in a strange way, these hearings are restoring my faith that there are some leaders in our country who -- when put to the test -- will put the country before their party (whatever their politics.)

I have been on the fence as to whether Trump would actually be charged for all this craziness. Along the same lines as Ford's decision back-in-the-day to pardon Nixon, the question wasn't did Trump commit a crime (in this case, signficiantly more serious than anything Nixon did) but do we really want to drag the country through a trial of a former President?

However, given today's testimony, it's getting harder and harder for me to imagine he'll somehow avoid being charged.

Simply put, there needs to be accountability if the United States hopes to avoid anything like it again in the future.

Last edited:
I agree -- but Trump's 2016 win and the GOP's Sgt. Shultz-like 'I see nothing, nothing!' reaction to Russian interference, wide-spread corruption. blatant Putin ass-kissing, and two impeachments has shaken me.

So in a strange way, these hearings are restoring my faith that there are some leaders in our country who -- when put to the test -- will put the country before their party (whatever their politics.)

I have been on the fence as to whether Trump would actually be charged for all this craziness. Along the same lines as Ford's decision back-in-the-day to pardon Nixon, the question wasn't did Trump commit a crime (in this case, signficiantly more serious than anything Nixon did) but do we really want to drag the country through a trial of a former President?

However, given today's testimony, it's getting harder and harder for me to imagine he'll somehow avoid being charged.

Simply put, there needs to be accountability if the United States hopes to avoid anything like it again in the future.
I was flying today, so I didn't see all of the hearing, but the highlights look like some serious people need to rot in prison. We either fix this now or the country as we know it is over.

And the sc gun hearing decision, decided buy 3 people appointed by a guy who doesn't even believe in Democracy, this country is screwed.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I felt the exact same way and told my wife that this ‘sh*tshow’ finally was going to wake people up. But within days, the narrative had gone from ‘get this crazy motherf*ker out of the WH‘ to protecting his ass from impeachment yet again.

The saving grace of the Trump Administration is that it was such a completely unorganized sh*tshow that our democracy survived the threat. But instead of recognizing it as such and retooling the conservative movement under a Liz Cheney or an Adam Kenzinger, the party seems hellbent on turning us into an authoritarian regime.

LOL You mention the waste of time these hearings--about Trump's role in the Jan. 6th insurrection--are.

Go laugh about this with the Capitol Police on duty that day. I'm sure they'd get a big chuckle out of it.

Yeah, they have so much better things to do than protect our democracy from another crazy coup stunt like we witnessed post-election 2020.
An attempt coup? Come on man.

If you listen to Fox News and other Right-wing media -- as I do -- you'd get the impression the January 6th Committee hearing is 'the same old, same old' coming from those evil Democrats. Another 'one-sided witchhunt' --- for the umpteenth time. That's why you hear their audience -- posters like @Colbourns Dream -- parroting their crappola.

But you know what? As time has gone on and the evidence of wrong-doing has become overwhelming, it's getting harder and harder for them to dismiss it with their listeners because their audience can't be completely stupid.

Any Fox News viewer with an ounce of intelligence has got to notice that it's all Trump's people who are telling the story. It's not Democrats going after him, it's his own people for crying out loud! It's got to be very hard for them to ignore that little fact.

Fox News pundits have been lamely saying, 'Oh, well this stuff has been out there..." But the truth of the matter is that it 'hasn't been out there' from their end because this so-called news agency hasn't been covering it.

The surprise witness for today's surprise Committee hearing is reportedly the top aide of former Trump Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows.

This should be interesting.

The surprise witness for today's surprise Committee hearing is reportedly the top aide of former Trump Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows.

This should be interesting.
The fact it wasn't originally scheduled either makes me think there is going to be some pretty significant stuff today.

The fact it wasn't originally scheduled either makes me think there is going to be some pretty significant stuff today.
They are priming the pump to draw a larger audience. She knows a lot in her role, let's see if there is any there there.

So apparently there were all kinds of weapons at the rally, despite what Republicans have been trying to tell us before.

This is some pretty damning and crazy stuff.
No fooling! This has been absolutely riveting testimony.

These Committee hearings have been incredibly well-produced and Cheney has been a master interviewer.

No fooling! This has been absolutely riveting testimony.

These Committee hearings have been incredibly well-produced and Cheney has been a master interviewer.
Trump knew there were weapons all over the place but still wanted to lead them to the capitol because "they weren't there to hurt me" then assaulted his driver for refusing to take him to the capitol. Wtf

Trump knew there were weapons all over the place but still wanted to lead them to the capitol because "they weren't there to hurt me" then assaulted his driver for refusing to take him to the capitol. Wtf
Holy Shit!!! Remove the Magnetometers!/?/! Strangling a Secret Service Agent???? Throwing Food, Knowing in advance there would likely be violence... (of course we knew that already)

I just imagine if my CEO did any of this....

Reactions: DaShuckster
Just 'a few' things today...... :)
  • Trump knew January 6th could be violent
  • Trump knew many of his supporters were armed -- and, in fact, wanted the security checks removed because they were negatively impacting the audience in attendance. Besides, Trump said, the supporters attending his speech 'weren't there to harm him.'
  • Roger Stone, Mike Flynn, and a group of Proud Boys (Roger Stone's...um, security detail) met at a Washington Hotel on the evening of Janaury 5th, the night before the riot. Originally, Mark Meadows, Trump's Chief of Staff, was planning to attend this meeting in person but was talked into joining the discussion by phone instead.
  • Trump didn't care if they were chanting 'hang my Pence,' and, in fact, tweeting about Pence's 'cowardace,' throwing gasoline on the fire
  • Trump didn't call the rioters off because he didn't want to.
  • Trump got angry when his secret service detail didn't drive him to the Capitol after his speech;

just insanity but they’ll somehow spin it . Trumpers are a Cult , she is someone that worked for Cruz and Scalise so the usual attacks won’t stick

Holy Shit!!! Remove the Magnetometers!/?/! Strangling a Secret Service Agent???? Throwing Food, Knowing in advance there would likely be violence... (of course we knew that already)

I just imagine if my CEO did any of this....
hopefully they call the SS agents that were involved to verify.

Just 'a few' things today...... :)
  • Trump knew January 6th could be violent
  • Trump knew many of his supporters were armed -- and, in fact, wanted the security checks removed because they were negatively impacting the audience in attendance. Besides, Trump said, the supporters attending his speech 'weren't there to harm him.'
  • Roger Stone, Mike Flynn, and a group of Proud Boys (Roger Stone's...um, security detail) met at a Washington Hotel on the evening of Janaury 5th, the night before the riot. Originally, Mark Meadows, Trump's Chief of Staff, was planning to attend this meeting in person but was talked into joining the discussion by phone instead.
  • Trump didn't care if they were chanting 'hang my Pence,' and, in fact, tweeting about Pence's 'cowardace,' throwing gasoline on the fire
  • Trump didn't call the rioters off because he didn't want to.
  • Trump got angry when his secret service detail didn't drive him to the Capitol after his speech;
probably the most damning statement so far

Thinking about what transpired in the White House leading up to Jan. 6th and throughout that day, Cassidy Hutchinson, a 24-year old female aide to COS, Mark Meadows showed more maturity and common sense than Trump or any of his senior staff did.

This take didn't age well.

Thinking about what transpired in the White House leading up to Jan. 6th and throughout that day, Cassidy Hutchinson, a 24-year old female aide to COS, Mark Meadows showed more maturity and common sense than Trump or any of his senior staff did.

This take didn't age well.
No one cares about this stuff. It's essentially become an echo chamber in this thread. The people in this forum who need to watch it, won't, and probably justify the Orange raccoon's actions as completely ok. Or they pull a Parade Float and say "yeah, but."

I guarantee you the Trump Sluts in here won't think twice about voting for him again if he runs in 2024.

No one cares about this stuff. It's essentially become an echo chamber in this thread. The people in this forum who need to watch it, won't, and probably justify the Orange raccoon's actions as completely ok. Or they pull a Parade Float and say "yeah, but."

I guarantee you the Trump Sluts in here won't think twice about voting for him again if he runs in 2024.
I suspect the planned outcome of these hearings is to insure that Trump's 'how high do you want me to jump, Sir' sheep won't have the opportunity to vote for him again in 2024.

I suspect the planned outcome of these hearings is to insure that Trump's 'how high do you want me to jump, Sir' sheep won't have the opportunity to vote for him again in 2024.
It probably is but good luck with that one.

And let's just put all our cards on the table here: let's just say you're correct. This all would then help DeSantis, exponentially. He would have the full attention and financial support of the party to walk right into the White House.

It probably is but good luck with that one.

And let's just put all our cards on the table here: let's just say you're correct. This all would then help DeSantis, exponentially. He would have the full attention and financial support of the party to walk right into the White House.
In my mind that would be the perfect outcome.

I don't doubt that a bit. Biden's reelection chances hinge bigly on Trump being his opponent again.

The Cult of Trump continues to be a serious threat to our democracy. The fact that most Trumpsters want to ignore or deny what has been coming out of these hearings speaks volumes. We dodged a bullet in 2021. If Trump were to somehow get reelected in 2024, this country is seriously screwed.

Last edited:
a normal America and Republican Party would have convicted him during the 2nd Impeachment so he wouldn’t be legally allowed to run. This hearing would have happened any way for documentation

I don't doubt that a bit. Biden's reelection chances hinge bigly on Trump being his opponent again.
Biden if still alive will be totally incoherent by then. The Dems need to be figuring out new candidates to run.
Biden is already dumber than a sheet of plywood. I don't want to see Biden or Trump as next president.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT