ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Senate Nominee Next To Fall

I can testify that things were very different 40 years ago - not that it excuses anybody for inappropriate behavior. But...

Back then the definition of sexual harassment was way different than today. Was dating someone 20 years younger than you considered weird - yes, but not a crime.

Back then we would cruise the streets, honking and waving to girls - and they’d smile and wave back. You can’t do that today.

My point is that given all of the accusations over the past year among all industries - and not excusing true sexual harassment or assault - perspectives have changed.

Just like the whole statue controversy, it’s problematic to project today’s mores upon the past, And to politicize those different mores is also problematic, too

Ah yes the good old days, when a 30 year old lawyer can take multiple 13 and 14 year old girls back to his house, have them undress, and feel them up. Nothing wrong with that. MAGA like the good ol days.

gay slur? I applaud anyone who can deepthroat a cock. It's an acquired skill. Bravo to 85 for showcasing his talent.

What I would like to know , and I know the discussion will be squashed because of some childish partisan posters , if these people knew about this for years , where the hell have they been. Why did it take so many years to be outraged or do something about it ?

Reactions: UCFWayne
What I would like to know , and I know the discussion will be squashed because of some childish partisan posters , if these people knew about this for years , where the hell have they been. Why did it take so many years to be outraged or do something about it ?
The correct answer to your question is: "who cares?"

Gather around children, you are about to learn something. The above post is a text book example of victim blaming, and it is wrong.

Incredibly convenient BT posted this in the thread about the Republican accused of child molestation, and not in the Takei thread. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Reactions: sirdingydang
Gather around children, you are about to learn something. The above post is a text book example of victim blaming, and it is wrong.

Incredibly convenient BT posted this in the thread about the Republican accused of child molestation, and not in the Takei thread. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
You are an ignorant fuk .

Ah yes the good old days, when a 30 year old lawyer can take multiple 13 and 14 year old girls back to his house, have them undress, and feel them up. Nothing wrong with that. MAGA like the good ol days.
Yeah, you're right again. Gosh you're smart.

Yeah, you're right again. Gosh you're smart.

I'll find some quotes later, but to answer your question BT, things were said and done. He was reportedly banned from the local mall for his interactions with teenage girls there. The problem - I THINK - is two-fold. 1) Alabama's consent age is 16, and I surmise that most people didn't think his chasing of teenage girls was illegal. There were no accusations of rape or assault at the time, merely hounding. 2) victims and bystanders probably didn't want to rock the boat of an up and coming big shot for risk of ramifications. Also, and related to this, as a previous poster pointed out, "things were different back then", meaning, victims didn't often speak out for fear of reprisal, shaming, etc. and often blamed themselves.

With Moore, Takei, Spacey, Weinstein, whoever: it just takes one person to have the courage to speak out to give others the hope/courage that they too can make a difference. I loved Takei, Spacey and Louis CK: but if all of these allegations against them are true (CK verified that it is for him), then **** all of them. Takei seems to be the holdout right now, as Spacey, CK and Weinstein have all owned up to it in one way or another. So, **** those guys and others like them. And if Takei's allegations prove to be true or he admits it, then **** him too. He doesn't get a pass because he's gay and was "just having fun".

As for Moore, I can't fathom why many in Alabama and elsewhere are more loyal to their party and their political ideology than to decency in this case. It's hypocritical to call out liberals for their transgressions, yet have a "wait and see" approach at best, and a "eh, **** it. at least he's not a Satanic democrat!" at worst.

/endrant

I'll find some quotes later, but to answer your question BT, things were said and done. He was reportedly banned from the local mall for his interactions with teenage girls there. The problem - I THINK - is two-fold. 1) Alabama's consent age is 16, and I surmise that most people didn't think his chasing of teenage girls was illegal. There were no accusations of rape or assault at the time, merely hounding. 2) victims and bystanders probably didn't want to rock the boat of an up and coming big shot for risk of ramifications. Also, and related to this, as a previous poster pointed out, "things were different back then", meaning, victims didn't often speak out for fear of reprisal, shaming, etc. and often blamed themselves.

With Moore, Takei, Spacey, Weinstein, whoever: it just takes one person to have the courage to speak out to give others the hope/courage that they too can make a difference. I loved Takei, Spacey and Louis CK: but if all of these allegations against them are true (CK verified that it is for him), then **** all of them. Takei seems to be the holdout right now, as Spacey, CK and Weinstein have all owned up to it in one way or another. So, **** those guys and others like them. And if Takei's allegations prove to be true or he admits it, then **** him too. He doesn't get a pass because he's gay and was "just having fun".

As for Moore, I can't fathom why many in Alabama and elsewhere are more loyal to their party and their political ideology than to decency in this case. It's hypocritical to call out liberals for their transgressions, yet have a "wait and see" approach at best, and a "eh, **** it. at least he's not a Satanic democrat!" at worst.

/endrant

It's always great when you get into a HuffPo frenzy, come here and find a thread about a conservative and then post some hypocritical sanctimonious bullshit without reading said thread and just assume every conservative is saying what HuffPo told you.

It's always great when you get into a HuffPo frenzy, come here and find a thread about a conservative and then post some hypocritical sanctimonious bullshit without reading said thread and just assume every conservative is saying what HuffPo told you.

Oh, so you mean exactly like what you do with liberals and fox news?

Reactions: MACHater02
85 just posted another update on the left wing sexual harassment situation, still hasn't clicked on this thread once.

#allsexualharrassmentmatters

You're a ****ing idiot. I don't read the ****ing HuffPo because it's a shitty ****ing site with shitty click bait articles you inbred dumb mother ****er. I like many conservatives, some are my closest friends. But you're a god damn moron.

You're a ****ing idiot. I don't read the ****ing HuffPo because it's a shitty ****ing site with shitty click bait articles you inbred dumb mother ****er. I like many conservatives, some are my closest friends. But you're a god damn moron.

You are just now figuring this out?

Is that like racists saying they're not racist because they have black friends?

One of the girls was 14, the other 2 were 16 and 17, and both of them said nothing improper sexually happened. Is it right he wanted to date them if true? No. Now the one 14 year old is a different issue. The last one, newest has a history of lying, and parts of her story already don't ring true. Personally I would not vote for him, I tend to believe the 14 year old. Bottom line it is Alabama's choice to make not mine. Unless proof positive comes out I don't think the Rep establishment should do anything.

One of the girls was 14, the other 2 were 16 and 17, and both of them said nothing improper sexually happened. Is it right he wanted to date them if true? No. Now the one 14 year old is a different issue. The last one, newest has a history of lying, and parts of her story already don't ring true. Personally I would not vote for him, I tend to believe the 14 year old. Bottom line it is Alabama's choice to make not mine. Unless proof positive comes out I don't think the Rep establishment should do anything.

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

Why am I posting updates on what these perverts do, I thought it was 85's job to describe in detail their acts? He's done it in every other one of these threads.

#day5or6ilosttrack

Reactions: sirdingydang
Why am I posting updates on what these perverts do, I thought it was 85's job to describe in detail their acts? He's done it in every other one of these threads.

#day5or6ilosttrack

Yeah, I think you're going about it all wrong. You just need to take the question right to snowflake85 in the Takei thread since I'll have to turn up my hearing aid by the time he opens this one. You might have already done this, I don't know, but it's just a thought. Surely, anyone knows that nine is greater than one. Or is it?

Slow your roll there chief. This is a very serious allegation with truly disgusting crimes, but George is denying it so it is essentially one person's word against another. Now if we have some evidence or multiple people step forward with similar stories then maybe you can bust out your pitchforks, I know you are just chomping at the bit to crucify this guy, and you may very well get your chance along with the rest of us.

Ninja's post about George Takei. He begs everyone to let justice take it's course there . But not with the Republican. But continue yall's little circle jerk

Ninja's post about George Takei. He begs everyone to let justice take it's course there . But not with the Republican. But continue yall's little circle jerk

I'll give you another shot, go back and read my quote that you just posted and see if you can spot the difference between Takei and Moore. There are quite a few, but I'm hoping you can at least catch mind blowingly obvious one.

Back then the definition of sexual harassment was way different than today. Was dating someone 20 years younger than you considered weird - yes, but not a crime.
Depends on the state. But even if it's not a crime, most Americans -- even back then -- would take serious issue with it.

That alone makes me question Moore's ethics.

If they are still alive, it would be interesting to hear from the parents whose daughters dated Moore. It would at least put the issue in a new light to hear them speak.

Same reason as Clinton ...

Once they ran for a major, usually national, office ... they finally came out. Before that, you're talking about taking on a powerful person in-state.

In the case of some of Clinton's late administration accusers, it was because he was sleeping with subordinates in the White House, among worse things.

In other words ... he hadn't changed.

Evidently Chemmie was overestimating the intelligence of Alabama voters when he started the thread title, multiple latest polls shows Roy Moore has actually regained the lead over his rival.

What in the actual fuk Alabama. You would literally rather have a pedophile over a democrat?

Evidently Chemmie was overestimating the intelligence of Alabama voters when he started the thread title, multiple latest polls shows Roy Moore has actually regained the lead over his rival.

What in the actual fuk Alabama. You would literally rather have a pedophile over a democrat?
We make fun of Moore voters here in Birmingham. You'll find similarly in Huntsville, with more PhDs per square mile than DC.

The demarcation line for intelligence Alabama is about where I live ... Montevallo. ;)
I.e., go north, intelligence, go below ... "Vote for Moore!"

Last edited:
Hello 911? I'd like to report a murder:

6ocOnfd.jpg

Not a huge fan of Jimmy Kimmel but how fuking stupid do you have to be to get in a Twitter fight with a comedian?

ADVERTISEMENT