ADVERTISEMENT

SMU vs UCF official GameDay thread

Forget 2 hand touch. We need three defenders to touch the ball carrier before he's allowed to go down.

We won’t win a shoot out this could turn into a route pretty quick. Defense highly disappointing thus far.
I agree with this, but I think we're headed in a good direction overall. Excited to see what a Travis Williams defense looks like when he has his recruits and the players are familiar with the system.

Reactions: muckdawg24
Our DBs play so soft. The entire starting secondary only has a couple interceptions all season.

I agree with this, but I think we're headed in a good direction overall. Excited to see what a Travis Williams defense looks like when he has his recruits and the players are familiar with the system.
Yeah long term I’m feeling better I think the young corners have played well and like 2-4 more years with Barber and Bethune. Wilson not living up to his rivals ratings, looks to be weak link of secondary.

Would’ve liked to see a replay of that OPI call, seemed like a play that happens all the time with no penalty called

Reactions: KnightNite
I'm not as down on Keene as many here, but I would definitely not mind Navarro getting some reps. Clearly, Gatewood is not the answer.

Also, Richardson gets the ball a lot for someone that I don't feel does much with it. Would love to see if some of the backup RBS deserve more reps.

Yeah long term I’m feeling better I think the young corners have played well and like 2-4 more years with Barber and Bethune. Wilson not living up to his rivals ratings, looks to be weak link of secondary.
Wilson has been weak in coverage and in tackling in several games. I would much prefer to see Gainous back.

Reactions: tjb74
I'm not as down on Keene as many here, but I would definitely not mind Navarro getting some reps. Clearly, Gatewood is not the answer.

Also, Richardson gets the ball a lot for someone that I don't feel does much with it. Would love to see if some of the backup RBS deserve more reps.
I just want to see how the ball comes out of Navarro’s hands in a pass attempt ..maybe he could be one of those guys that doesn’t practice well but may be better in a live game(Bortles was like that )

1. Any time Amari Johnson touches the ball, bad things happen.
2. Johnny Richardson killed a drive by dancing instead of plowing forward.
3. Richards needs to play more.
4. Drops and penalties killing drives, and we can’t make many mistakes and be successful.
5. Richards needs to play more.
6. Osteen is actually getting good results. I didn’t say good punts….results.
7. Richards needs to play more.

well if we lose that it is how many games not beating a team w a winning record ? don’t think we did last season .

This season feels a lot like Frost's first season. Just a lost season where you're hoping for better days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT