ADVERTISEMENT

The Coronavirus thread - 3/30 Trump accuses NY hospital workers of stealing PPE.

What the fuk do you want? We are now testing propel who need it.
Then why all the reports from doctors around the country saying they desperately need testing kits and have nada?

Where are these hard-hit states supposed to get the needed testing kits if not the Federal Government? Pence keeps promising "millions" of them. Where are they?

If you’re viewing this as a partisan then STFU and go fuk off already. It’s clear we will enter a global depression from this insanity. How long? Who knows. But your losers blaming Trump can go fuk yourselves. This is a panic and fear pandemic and it’s going to destroy our economy. Just accept it.
Nobody blames Trump, he's just unprepared to handle this. Turn the ball over to Pence.

Trump is handling this fine

Like everyone else. I finally took a ridiculous hit on my funds today. Oh well. I’m not selling a thing. This will pass

Trump is handling this fine

Like everyone else. I finally took a ridiculous hit on my funds today. Oh well. I’m not selling a thing. This will pass
You're gonna take another hit today solely because of that speech last night. Complete shit show.

You're gonna take another hit today solely because of that speech last night. Complete shit show.

What was said? I know international travel to Europe was banned. Probably should of happened a few weeks ago with the breakout in Italy.

It isnt just the responsibility of a state government, because a virus doesnt understand state borders, it is a federal issue, though hopefully state governments certainly play their part as well.

There’s tons of reports now with LOCAL doctors saying people don’t meet criteria to be tested. They have the kits. That is a State or local responsibility. The White House can’t force doctors to test on a local compulsory level.

Dr Fauchi said three days ago that 1.5M tests had been delivered and 600,000 were finishing production.

So do I believe Dr Fauchi or you and the lefties in this thread who are desperate to have COVID19 be a partisan election issue?

There’s tons of reports now with LOCAL doctors saying people don’t meet criteria to be tested. They have the kits. That is a State or local responsibility. The White House can’t force doctors to test on a local compulsory level.

Dr Fauchi said three days ago that 1.5M tests had been delivered and 600,000 were finishing production.

So do I believe Dr Fauchi or you and the lefties in this thread who are desperate to have COVID19 be a partisan election issue?

What are you talking about? I don't have a problem with Dr. Fauci and didn't even bring him up. Dr. Fauci also said this is going to get worse before it gets better and that we don't have enough tests yet, so I think you have misinterpreted him quite a bit.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...in-u-s-and-it-s-going-to-get-worse-fauci-says

NC said that they have 400 kits for 10.5 million people.

I just got back to the US from Europe a few days ago.

Absolutely zero preventative measures for people coming into the country. Nothing out of the ordinary at customs. No questions on my travel history (I had made a few stops in Italy) and of course no testing.

Now less than a week later we are going to 100% shutdown of travel? Idiotic.

Absolutely zero preventative measures for people coming into the country. Nothing out of the ordinary at customs. No questions on my travel history (I had made a few stops in Italy) and of course no testing.

Stopping travel about 4 weeks ago would have been the move. We take these steps basically as soon as they become ineffective.

What are you talking about? I don't have a problem with Dr. Fauci and didn't even bring him up. Dr. Fauci also said this is going to get worse before it gets better and that we don't have enough tests yet, so I think you have misinterpreted him quite a bit.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...in-u-s-and-it-s-going-to-get-worse-fauci-says

I brought him up because he confirmed that now over 2M test kits have been shipped and received by states that need them. So if testing isn't being done, it's not due to a lack of kits at this point.

I just got back from Europe too but came through Canada. Immigration had especially long lines. My trip to Malta next week is cancelled.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I brought him up because he confirmed that now over 2M test kits have been shipped and received by states that need them. So if testing isn't being done, it's not due to a lack of kits at this point.

What good is having an abundance of test kits if a person was already passing on the virus for 2 weeks before they had any symptoms if any at all?

I believe Dr. Fauchi when he testified before Congress that we're failing to get Americans tested in a fast and efficient way as other countries had.

He said our system of having all individual testing pre-approved by a physician is slowing the process down to a snail's pace.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
From CDC, in US 1573 as of yesterday have Corona Virus. 40 have died.
Since Oct., 34 mil to 49 mil have caught the flu. 350 k to 650k have been hospitalized. 22k to 52k have died. Yep lets freak out over the Corona virus.

Since Oct., 34 mil to 49 mil have caught the flu. 350 k to 650k have been hospitalized. 22k to 52k have died. Yep lets freak out over the Corona virus.
Now imagine if 34 mil had caught corona. Because it's easier to catch corona. That's the problem. We'd be looking at at least 340,000 deaths if corona becomes as widespread as the flu. You see the problem?

11 transmissions of CV gets us from 1 to 1000. 11 more gets us to over 2 million. Also there are already many more than 1500 cases in the US. People don’t even show symptoms for a week.

uu9pmDP.gif

[roll]

I love how the one geriatric person on this board who should be worried about covid for their own personal health is so goddamned stupid and brainwashed by hannity they don't care. [roll]

Darwin always wins.

US has issued 11k total tests and South Korea is doing 20k per day.

All over social media you can see stories of people being denied tests. The truth is that you just can't trust our numbers for infected people at this point. The tests are not available to give an accurate level of risk.

This is where it stops becoming something that is out of the government's hands and it starts to be their incompetence worsening the problem.

All over social media you can see stories of people being denied tests. The truth is that you just can't trust our numbers for infected people at this point. The tests are not available to give an accurate level of risk.

This is where it stops becoming something that is out of the government's hands and it starts to be their incompetence worsening the problem.

No one cares what you have to say. People generally don't listen to lunatics who wish harm on others over political differences.

Reactions: UCFWayne
No one cares what you have to say. People generally don't listen to lunatics who wish harm on others over political differences.

Serious question: Can anyone find one of the dozens of posts from 85 in the last 72 hours that don't contain a baseless personal attack or middle school insult?

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Reminder: this is this lunatics’ second time this week alone where he implies that conservatives dying from the virus would be great by him.

Absolutely unhinged
fc is just another unhinged lunatic that lets trump live inside his head rent free. he didnt use to be like this.

If people are asymptomatic they dont need the test. If they are symptomatic they are treated, and if they are at high risk of being exposed to it they are tested. The goal is treatment, not testing.

If people are asymptomatic they dont need the test. If they are symptomatic they are treated, and if they are at high risk of being exposed to it they are tested. The goal is treatment, not testing.
Really? Explain the treatment of someone with a fever who tests negative for the flu but isn't tested for corona.

Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a town hall last night that you are only no longer contagious when you have tested negative twice with a 24 hour gap between tests even if you are no longer showing symptoms. So my question is, if we aren't testing people, how do we expect those with just a fever to know when it's ok to go back to work.

The answer is, we don't.

We need testing to prevent spread. There is no treatment for Covid-19. The only cure is social distancing and we can't social distance without tests. Our number of infected in America is likely 50x what we have reported because as of right now we've done 10k tests and (people are tested multiple times) so we've probably tested 6k people in 2 months. South Korea is doing 20,000 tests EVERY DAY.

By not knowing who is sick with this disease we are allowing people with mild cases to spread it all over the country.

Last edited:
Really? Explain the treatment of someone with a fever who tests negative for the flu but isn't tested for corona.

Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a town hall last night that you are only no longer contagious when you have tested negative twice with a 24 hour gap between tests even if you are no longer showing symptoms. So my question is, if we aren't testing people, how do we expect those with just a fever to know when it's ok to go back to work.

The answer is, we don't.

We need testing to prevent spread. There is no treatment for Covid-19. The only cure is social distancing and we can't social distance without tests. Our number of infected in America is likely 50x what we have reported because as of right now we've done 10k tests and (people are tested multiple times) so we've probably tested 6k people in 2 months. South Korea is doing 20,000 tests EVERY DAY.

By not knowing who is sick with this disease we are allowing people with mild cases to spread it all over the country.

How do you treat a fever? Tylenol. A low grade fever isnt that big of a deal. If someone has an upper respiratory infection that causes distress, steroids and fluids if it isnt a bacterial infection. The treatment is the same regardless of what kind of upper respiratory virus it is.

no, you were always a fun troll. then sometime mid 2015 you changed. now you are a bitter and suffer from tds. you dont make the crazy posts about random crap anymore. everything is political to you now.
Oh yeah, I mean, obviously from 2013 or 2014 I've changed it's been 6 years I have 2 kids, my wife's been on deaths door, I've seen disgusting things in our medical system, I've started a business, I've gained empathy for those who continue to struggle, I've gained perspective on what's important. Most of that is through normal growing up. I'm not old but I'm not a kid anymore. I suppose if you've never faced any difficult life experiences or challenged yourself to do more than a 9-5 you might not change in 6 years but that ain't me.

How do you treat a fever? Tylenol. A low grade fever isnt that big of a deal. If someone has an upper respiratory infection that causes distress, steroids and fluids if it isnt a bacterial infection. The treatment is the same regardless of what kind of upper respiratory virus it is.
Actually a low grade fever is the #1 symptom of Covid19. You can have just a fever and be shedding virus cells. How can you know when you aren't a danger to those around you without testing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT