ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's secret police

I linked an article that you obviously didn’t read that stated the firearm requirement. I can link a number of articles that you probably won’t read. I can point to the statute, but that is a pain in the ass to read so you won’t.

Your last sentence is ridiculous. The right to possess a firearm was so important that it was codified just after the freedom of speech. The right to vote is convoluted and is different depending on the office; you don’t even have a Constitutional right to vote for President. So, sure they are different, insofar as the right to keep and bear arms, along with the assumption that you can acquire them, was the more important protected right.

Remember, they built a Republic, not a Democracy, for all that you neoleftists want to turn us into a mob rule country.
No an article isn’t a law. There is no law that requires someone show an ID for a private party gun purchase. The ATF guidelines state that a seller should check an ID to validate that the purchaser resides in the same state, but also states it is not a requirement.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/g...s-transfers-firearms-private-sellers/download

No an article isn’t a law. There is no law that requires someone show an ID for a private party gun purchase. The ATF guidelines state that a seller should check an ID to validate that the purchaser resides in the same state, but also states it is not a requirement.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/g...s-transfers-firearms-private-sellers/download
That’s the federal statute. There are many resources that say that Florida state law requires a check of valid IDs. If you choose to be stubborn about it then I don’t know what to tell you.

That’s the federal statute. There are many resources that say that Florida state law requires a check of valid IDs. If you choose to be stubborn about it then I don’t know what to tell you.
But there isn’t a law. It’s very easy to pull up the Florida statutes. Any law regarding gun sales relates only to licensed sellers.

But there isn’t a law. It’s very easy to pull up the Florida statutes. Any law regarding gun sales relates only to licensed sellers.
That’s not true. It has language in there for private sellers as well. Something like “residents of the state are exempted from this provision”. It’s buried down in there in legal speak which is why I did not bother to go through it for you. At this point, I don’t care anymore. You’re not likely to make a private sale anyways so it doesn’t really matter.

Here’s a law firm making the same statement: https://www.escobarlaw.com/blog/2018/08/can-you-legally-sell-a-gun-to-your-neighbor.shtml

Why did we ratify the 19th amendment if it wasn't necessary in the first place?
Because it wasn't codified in the constitution when most matters were left to the states. Its not any different than the fact that you have never voted for a president, the majority of power were left to the states. Women and black people were allowed to vote from the very beginning by the constitution, and some did, it was how the states regulated their voting that restricted the practices.

That doesn't signal a fault in the constitution, it signals how states addressed the issue and some of that was based on the times they lived in. Some states wanted only an educated person to vote. Some only wanted land owners to vote. Both have reasonable explanations that aren't based on racism or sexism.

If slaves were guaranteed the right to vote from the very beginning, we would probably still have slavery. Additionally, the 3/5ths compromise is the reason slavery came to an end.

Because it wasn't codified in the constitution when most matters were left to the states. Its not any different than the fact that you have never voted for a president, the majority of power were left to the states. Women and black people were allowed to vote from the very beginning by the constitution, and some did, it was how the states regulated their voting that restricted the practices.

That doesn't signal a fault in the constitution, it signals how states addressed the issue and some of that was based on the times they lived in. Some states wanted only an educated person to vote. Some only wanted land owners to vote. Both have reasonable explanations that aren't based on racism or sexism.
No, you don’t understand. From the 1619 Project to systemic racism to the cancelling of all of the founders to implying that the federal government is omnipotent, it’s all necessary to frame it as evil to justify tearing the entire thing down and replacing it. It’s the extension of framing every discussion point as binary and moral. It’s all part of the same Orwellian trend. You and I will never engage in the right groupthink and so the best we can hope for is to be left alone.

Reactions: Crazyhole
No, you don’t understand. From the 1619 Project to systemic racism to the cancelling of all of the founders to implying that the federal government is omnipotent, it’s all necessary to frame it as evil to justify tearing the entire thing down and replacing it. It’s the extension of framing every discussion point as binary and moral. It’s all part of the same Orwellian trend. You and I will never engage in the right groupthink and so the best we can hope for is to be left alone.

The funny thing is that the Woke robots in the streets don't realize that they're just doing the work of these far left Critical Race Theorists who have been peddling this shit for decades but finally, now, have a national group-think slice of the populace that is willing to repeat anything without thinking, AND, destroy anyone who dares disagree with the underlying premise.

If you don't believe me, just go watch the ritualistic religious ceremonies occurring in the streets whereby one person demands a group kneel before them and repeat what they say. The Church wishes they had this much dogma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT