ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Rested or Rusty?

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
So only one game under our belt and a bunch of lost practice time. Do you think we will be rested and anxious or will we be rusty and need to get our feet under us before we begin to get things moving?

Definitely a little of both.

Maryland will be fired up, but our guys should be super anxious to play some football. I expect some early rust. Hopefully, we don't get down too many points early. I'm expecting a good game. Glad that we at least have the one game under our belt

Reactions: UCFhonors
I'm going with rusty, at least for a quarter, quarter and a half. As long as we keep the game close during that time, this will be a good game.

Add in a healthy Hudanick into the mix and I like our chances.

I'm going with rusty, at least for a quarter, quarter and a half. As long as we keep the game close during that time, this will be a good game.

1 quarter of rust at least, i hate getting these long weeks off, its almost like coming back for week 1, probably going to make a lot of week 1 style mistakes etc.

Reactions: UCFhonors

He was our run game last year! Without him, we couldn't mount a ground game.
I also think we'll see even more use of our recruiting class playing major roles.

Reactions: Miltonian
And, if we just played two games against Memphis and Georgia Tech how rested would UCF be? I imagine the defense would be pretty tired playing those two teams. I say or at least would like to think UCF is well rested and very anxious to play a game. Plus, with revenge for last year's OT loss to the Terps as an added incentive. I'm sure there will be some rust, but, we will find out soon enough.

And, if we just played two games against Memphis and Georgia Tech how rested would UCF be? I imagine the defense would be pretty tired playing those two teams. I say or at least would like to think UCF is well rested and very anxious to play a game. Plus, with revenge for last year's OT loss to the Terps as an added incentive. I'm sure there will be some rust, but, we will find out soon enough.
the defense will be fine, it's the offense that the time off might hurt. The more reps the better in game speed

Reactions: Wings0fred
Currently watching UCF media conference with player interviews. They are saying during they break they rested and got their legs back from under themselves. practice on Thursday/Friday and they were back quickly. Basically really looking forward to next game. Just words I know but "they are itching to get back".

Memphis missed a game and looked pretty rested last game...
Then again, it was a VERY overrated UCLA team...they are always rated way higher than their real talent level. Dont get me wrong, Memphis is a great team, but UCLA really only has Josh Rosen (who is a sh!thead) and thats mainly it. Keep in mind this team was getting WALLOPED by Texas AM (who is absolutely trash this year) until they pulled that miraculous comeback.

Definitely a little of both.

Maryland will be fired up, but our guys should be super anxious to play some football. I expect some early rust. Hopefully, we don't get down too many points early. I'm expecting a good game. Glad that we at least have the one game under our belt
agree. Too long of a rest. Hopefully Maryland is a little beat up!

Best news that hasn't been talked about is Snelson wasn't 100% and and he should be now. I'm expecting a big game from him

Rusty. My guess is all the distractions of life recently will result in a beat-down. This could be a good thing, though, as the week after is Memphis and that may just prove to keep them 100% focused for that game.

Back in the day the old ball coach McDowell would always say with Pat Clarke on Sunday mornings, you make the biggest improvements from game 1 to game 2. We got that going for us.

I say it's a little of both .

Best news that hasn't been talked about is Snelson wasn't 100% and and he should be now. I'm expecting a big game from him

He chose UCF over Maryland on signing day, right? Between Snelson and Richardson we've been in a couple heated recruiting battles with them. Stay in the Chesapeake area, Terps!

Reactions: Mikesi
Then again, it was a VERY overrated UCLA team...they are always rated way higher than their real talent level. Dont get me wrong, Memphis is a great team, but UCLA really only has Josh Rosen (who is a sh!thead) and thats mainly it. Keep in mind this team was getting WALLOPED by Texas AM (who is absolutely trash this year) until they pulled that miraculous comeback.
It thought it was his little receiver that made Rosen look so good. Also, there was a hell of a lot of heavy hitting going on by both sides. Memphis is going to be a war!

Reactions: Miltonian
It thought it was his little receiver that made Rosen look so good. Also, there was a hell of a lot of heavy hitting going on by both sides. Memphis is going to be a war!
Big time, plus we have a history with them and C-USA days. And happen to recruit alot of the same kids lately. Should be a fun one, hopefully ood game with the good guys out on top.

Let's not sugar coat it. We played 1 game and then sat for 24 days. Now we're going to play a pretty good P5 team that has 3 games under their belt. This is not a good scenario.

Let's not sugar coat it. We played 1 game and then sat for 24 days. Now we're going to play a pretty good P5 team that has 3 games under their belt. This is not a good scenario.
Let's not sell ourselves short either. UCF has a lot of talent. Especially on offense

This was a close game last year, and other than it being on the road, this matchup is more favorable for us this year

I generally try to convince myself we have no shot at winning until gameday. That way, if things go south, I am prepared. And if they go well, then all the better. It's my defense mechanism.
Id do that regardless, just how i am, regardless of if i was an alabama fan or ucf fan. Always prepared for worst, hoping for best.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT