ADVERTISEMENT

"What was he doing wrong?"

So white people get less sentences? How is that arguing against my point?

without prior sentencing taken into account. It means empirically the data set is ****ed. It also says women, not whites are the favorites of the government when It comes to sentencing. So Its actually a battle of the sexes not a battle of race.
It doesn’t just disprove you, It actually shifts the entire argument from racial bias to gender bias

Black people are held to a much harsher standard in this country than white people, you just dont want to acknowledge that so you will just call me a racist instead. You are uneducated, its as simple as that.

Then why stand up for this guy who got the exact same thing that a white person would have? I've got no problem with a white guy getting shot after doing what this dude did. Why don't you?

Fryer's study has been criticized pretty heavily, so that is certainly not an authorative paper with regards to these issues.

Criticizing and Debunking are two separate subsets. If you don’t like the date you can criticize It. But can you debunk It with another journal?

Then why stand up for this guy who got the exact same thing that a white person would have? I've got no problem with a white guy getting shot after doing what this dude did. Why don't you?
I wouldn’t either. Not at all

I seriously doubt that a police Taser fires only one shot. Again, he had a weapon that potentially could harm a cop leading to him taking their gun and their death

Reactions: DAiello18
Criticizing and Debunking are two separate subsets. If you don’t like the date you can criticize It. But can you debunk It with another journal?

Not a journal, but a paper relying mostly on police reports cant possibly be considered to be the end all be all of a complicated subject. For instance, the Louisville police report on Breonna Taylor, listed her injuries as "none". They litterally barged in her own home and shot her, but the report says she had no injuries. My point, is that you can't have a study on this subject that simply relies on police reports, because we know police reports arent always going to be accurate.

https://www.theroot.com/black-harvard-professor-often-cited-to-discredit-black-1826292238
Contradicting every single bit of empirical research, Fryer’s 2016 research paper claimed to find no racial bias in police shootings. Even though it was not peer-reviewed, relied on biased police reporting and has been roundly discredited, it is still quoted anytime police shoot a black man in the face.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Also here’s a little graph. The numbers (pure numbers don’t lie). Whitey is the leader in the clubhouse with deaths per year by cop. And before you say the percentages, no shit the black percentage is higher as they are less of the population.

But this doesnt say anything. Some police shootings are justified, we all agree on that, but just looking at numbers doesnt describe the circumstance around each shooting.

You want me to take the Root as a news source when one of their tabs is “The Smart Brotha”

yeah, I’ll Pass until I see data that provides a counter argument

But this doesnt say anything. Some police shootings are justified, we all agree on that, but just looking at numbers doesnt describe the circumstance around each shooting.

the set of numbers show more whites killed by cops each year than blacks. So find me the racial bias when the numbers don’t represent a racial bias.

the set of numbers show more whites killed by cops each year than blacks. So find me the racial bias when the numbers don’t represent a racial bias.

Well first off there are a lot more white people in this country, so the idea that more are killed by police doesnt say anything. But again, it isnt about the raw #s, it is about the circumstance surrounding each case. Hypothetically speaking, if two armed white guys are shooting up a school and police kill them, compared to 1 black guy being killed in a normal traffic stop, the #s say police kill white people more than black people. But the circumstances surrouding those instances are obviously completely different.

You want me to take the Root as a news source when one of their tabs is “The Smart Brotha”

yeah, I’ll Pass until I see data that provides a counter argument

You dont need another report to be able to understand that his study was flawed. I just gave you a recent example of a police report that was completely wrong, so his study which consists of primarily going through police reports has to be taken with a grain of salt, unless you believe every police report is a 100% accurate account of what happened, which we all know isnt the case.

But here is a rebuttal, also from Harvard.
https://scholar.harvard.edu/jfeldman/blog/roland-fryer-wrong-there-racial-bias-shootings-police

Well first off there are a lot more white people in this country, so the idea that more are killed by police doesnt say anything. But again, it isnt about the raw #s, it is about the circumstance surrounding each case. Hypothetically speaking, if two armed white guys are shooting up a school and police kill them, compared to 1 black guy being killed in a normal traffic stop, the #s say police kill white people more than black people. But the circumstances surrouding those instances are obviously completely different.

I don’t deal in hypotheticals, ever. I use data driven arguments. Your hypothetical is self explanatory is being obviously different. But you picked the one point I knew you would being percentages rather than raw data. Raw data suggests a minimal bias in race as whites are killed more. Percentage data is obviously skewed as It would be with 13% making up 48% of all crimes. Its a Poor argument to use knowing that the percentage data is fundamentally flawed. It is like saying more female violent offenders are injured during arrests as female violent offenders are roughly 2.3%

You dont need another report to be able to understand that his study was flawed. I just gave you a recent example of a police report that was completely wrong, so his study which consists of primarily going through police reports has to be taken with a grain of salt, unless you believe every police report is a 100% accurate account of what happened, which we all know isnt the case.

But here is a rebuttal, also from Harvard.
https://scholar.harvard.edu/jfeldman/blog/roland-fryer-wrong-there-racial-bias-shootings-police

Was hoping you’d use that. Harvard also accredited Fryer for this piece:

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/fryer/files/fryer_police_aer.pdf

which uses another set of data to determine that despite there being a % difference says not enough data buying into racial component.

So the guy was published by Harvard and Yale at two separate times but is wrong on both accounts?

Statistics mean nothing anymore so its meaningless to point them out. This is all about feelings and impressions. Its honestly where the right has lost the battle over the last 30 years, being on the defense and trying to insert logic into the conversation. It ain't gonna happen, so the best thing is to be on the offense.

Literally every leftist is a racist, period. As you've seen, cubs, shuckster, FC, and ninja have a lower standard of societal conduct for black or brown people than they do for white people.

I don’t deal in hypotheticals, ever. I use data driven arguments. Your hypothetical is self explanatory is being obviously different. But you picked the one point I knew you would being percentages rather than raw data. Raw data suggests a minimal bias in race as whites are killed more. Percentage data is obviously skewed as It would be with 13% making up 48% of all crimes. Its a Poor argument to use knowing that the percentage data is fundamentally flawed. It is like saying more female violent offenders are injured during arrests as female violent offenders are roughly 2.3%

Data driven arguments dont tell the whole story. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics. There is a reason that phrase has been around for well over a hundred years.

You cant say you use data driven arguments without taking into account the different in population %s, that is data that you choose to leave out of your argument because it wouldnt fit your point.

Statistics mean nothing anymore so its meaningless to point them out. This is all about feelings and impressions. Its honestly where the right has lost the battle over the last 30 years, being on the defense and trying to insert logic into the conversation. It ain't gonna happen, so the best thing is to be on the offense.

Literally every leftist is a racist, period. As you've seen, cubs, shuckster, FC, and ninja have a lower standard of societal conduct for black or brown people than they do for white people.

Statistics can be manipulated just like anything else.

Was hoping you’d use that. Harvard also accredited Fryer for this piece:

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/fryer/files/fryer_police_aer.pdf

which uses another set of data to determine that despite there being a % difference says not enough data buying into racial component.

So the guy was published by Harvard and Yale at two separate times but is wrong on both accounts?

Studies at universities arent fool proof. Many professors at top tier schools can disagree with each other, that is where the whole concept of peer reviewed comes from.

I love how I said statistics don't matter to racist lefties and it was immediately followed up by a racist lefty saying statistics don't matter.

And I love how your arguments has gotten beaten down so much that your whole schtick now is to just call me a racist. And if you dont think statistics can be manipulated, not tell the whole story, etc, then you are simply a fool.

I’m LOLing at @DAiello18 using statistics and papers to make his point and @Crazyhole just comes off the top rope and clubs the left like a baby seal with RACISTSSSS

He used statistics he likes, as soon as I brought up population %s, he had no use for that statistic. So yeah, he picked and chose the statistics that fit his argument, and ignored the ones that didnt, which of course validates my point that statistics dont tell the whole story.

And yes, Crazy's argument being reduced to screaming "racist", applying arguments to me I didnt even make, is a sure sign of coming off the top rope.

I choose to leave out numbers that are incomplete and inherently skewed like % per population density as It is not an unbiased source of information. But like you said, numbers don’t matter so I’m wasting my breath.

Chicken can stick to me being an old white piece of shit, which is laughable.

meanwhile, I’ll know I don’t have the IQ of a reupholstered ottoman and can have an actual fact-based discussion without getting emotional

And yes, Crazy's argument being reduced to screaming "racist", applying arguments to me I didnt even make, is a sure sign of coming off the top rope.

RACIST has been the lefts battle cry for the last decade so I’m enjoying it being thrown back across the aisle.

He used statistics he likes, as soon as I brought up population %s, he had no use for that statistic. So yeah, he picked and chose the statistics that fit his argument, and ignored the ones that didnt, which of course validates my point that statistics dont tell the whole story.

I added the point in my OP and even said to you, using an incomplete set of data is flawed. Which you’re doing when using % for a population that is barely more than 1/10th and has half of the crime rate. It paints them in a really shitty light as criminals you know. But hey, keep white knighting and using flawed data sets while screaming numbers don’t matter.

I choose to leave out numbers that are incomplete and inherently skewed like % per population density as It is not an unbiased source of information. But like you said, numbers don’t matter so I’m wasting my breath.

Chicken can stick to me being an old white piece of shit, which is laughable.

meanwhile, I’ll know I don’t have the IQ of a reupholstered ottoman and can have an actual fact-based discussion without getting emotional

So your statistics are unbiased, but mine are biased? Again, this is precisely why statistics dont tell the whole story, which you even admit here by saying statistics can be biased. You are actually agreeing with my point about statistics if you dont realize that.

RACIST has been the lefts battle cry for the last decade so I’m enjoying it being thrown back across the aisle.

YOu can enjoy what you wish, but the only reason he is resorting to that is because he got his ass kicked all throughout this discussion.

Sucks to be on the receiving end of that bullshit, doesn't it? Grow a pair or GTFO. You lefty racists don't scare us anymore.

I added the point in my OP and even said to you, using an incomplete set of data is flawed. Which you’re doing when using % for a population that is barely more than 1/10th and has half of the crime rate. It paints them in a really shitty light as criminals you know. But hey, keep white knighting and using flawed data sets while screaming numbers don’t matter.

It is no more flawed than your data set. Simply looking at raw #s to essentially base an argument off of, certainly with regards to this topic, is also not a complete view of the issue. What we are talking about here is essentially human behavior, specifically the behavior of cops. Every police shooting or killing has some reason behind the cops behavior to make them do what they did. In some cases I think we would all agree it is justified, such as a cop shooting someone on a mass shooting spree. Others, like this Atlanta situation, isnt as clear and opinions may vary. Others, like Daniel Shaver in AZ, I think we would all agree wasnt a justified shooting. So just looking at your raw #s does not give any insight what so ever into what caused the behavior to begin with, which takes away the primary reason for the conversation to begin with.

Sucks to be on the receiving end of that bullshit, doesn't it? Grow a pair or GTFO. You lefty racists don't scare us anymore.

It sucks? I dont take you seriously enough for it to suck, I just think its funny that is what your argument has been dwindled down to.

"What we are talking about here is essentially human behavior, specifically the behavior of cops."

I think you meant "specifically the behavior of black criminals"

Or is that too real?

"What we are talking about here is essentially human behavior, specifically the behavior of cops."

Or is that too real?

Good lord dude, I am not writing in sanskrit, I dont understand how you couldnt grasp the point I just made. If we are talking about police shootings, or killings, then we are talking about why they chose to shoot someone, which is their behavior. Each of these situations are different, meaning just looking at raw #s doesnt tell us much of anything. Got it?

Or is that too real?
He can’t hear you over OG Mudbone in his throat

Good lord dude, I am not writing in sanskrit, I dont understand how you couldnt grasp the point I just made. If we are talking about police shootings, or killings, then we are talking about why they chose to shoot someone, which is their behavior. Each of these situations are different, meaning just looking at raw #s doesnt tell us much of anything. Got it?

Actually It does. It tells us that more whites (total) die than more blacks (total) per year by cop. That Is a fact. No matter what you say that is a fact as defined by numbers

Actually It does. It tells us that more whites (total) die than more blacks (total) per year by cop. That Is a fact. No matter what you say that is a fact as defined by numbers

But it doesnt tell us about the circumstances surrounding the shooting, if we feel each one is justified, etc etc. Which is the whole point of everything that is going on right now.

But it doesnt tell us about the circumstances surrounding the shooting, if we feel each one is justified, etc etc. Which is the whole point of everything that is going on right now.

Jesus Christ man. I’m not speaking on circumstances. I’m saying flat out. More whites are killed in total by cops each year than blacks. The circumstances for my point are moot. The numbers in said graph which you said are useless, say that more whites die each year from cops than blacks. Is that not a fact you can get from reading that graph? Yes or no.

Ah, behavior. Every situation is different.

And yet there is this weird movement to place judgment on a large population based on the behavior of a few in situations that are all different. It almost sounds like racism or sexism or some other form of ism that is used to forward a movement that is pretty much unnecessary in an effort to procure social justice.

Reactions: DAiello18
Justice was served for stealing weapons from an officer in a violent struggle.
Really? Sure looks like Atlanta thinks otherwise. In the wake of the shooting, one officer was fired and another was placed on administrative leave. The Chief of Police resigned and the Mayor said the shooting was not justified.

But hey, the head of the police union agreed with you. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT