ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

For what it’s worth, I think it stopped being an amateur sport when the budgets for athletic programs, salaries, and payouts ballooned into the multiple millions of dollars.

That much money doesn’t get thrown around for “amateurs”.
Fair enough, but coaching is a skilled profession with years and years of paying your dues making little to nothing. Only the cream of the crop with years of success make the big money...

So not really what I’m talking about.

Fair enough, but coaching is a skilled profession with years and years of paying your dues making little to nothing. Only the cream of the crop with years of success make the big money...

So not really what I’m talking about.
I know - I’m just saying the mentality of professionalism has bled into the amateurism already due to amount of money in it.

He used his redshirt last year. I don’t think he will be starter the whole year. First game they lose he gets yanked. They have options at Oklahoma.

Why DG left...

Yet DG was still crushing it those first 3 games, only the defense wasn’t. No doubt he left b/c he wants to throw it deep every play, but he was becoming a wayyy more well rounded qb in the system Gus concocted for him.

I think he left b/c his whack ass socks and brand weren’t selling and he was reduced to repping tchotchkes in the middle aisle stands at a dying Oviedo mall. He turned into a “me” guy, give me TC or Plumlee. I hope Caleb Williams returns….

Reactions: Yaes
Yet DG was still crushing it those first 3 games, only the defense wasn’t. No doubt he left b/c he wants to throw it deep every play, but he was becoming a wayyy more well rounded qb in the system Gus concocted for him.

I think he left b/c his whack ass socks and brand weren’t selling and he was reduced to repping tchotchkes in the middle aisle stands at a dying Oviedo mall. He turned into a “me” guy, give me TC or Plumlee. I hope Caleb Williams returns….
You think it was sales that drove it?

Honestly, I think there is a good chance he would have left early for the league if he didn’t get injured. There was enough in place for him to excel and get himself enough visibility to give it a go.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Ivy League. Lots of great AAU schools have football programs that aren't competitive.

I think the lipstick makes him look like a definite Heisman finalist. Wonder if he’ll stick with the red or maybe switch to a more frosty pink?
Hahaha I had to zoom in, def looks like cherry chapstick at the very least. He looks like absolute dogshit 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT