ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

Dillon Gabriel apparently didn't like what he saw from not-so-slim shady Chip Kelly and once he realized what a bunghole California was, he realized that Oklahoma provides him much better opportunities to get drafted in the NFL.

That said, I hope the Knights don't face him. He has two years of eligibility left and could hang around until 2023 if he wants

Reactions: Drew-C-F
The NCAA transfer rules allow one "free" transfer with immediate eligibility. DG is now officially on his second transfer. Shouldn't he now be required to sit a year before playing at OU?
Unless he officially signed on the dotted line, I don't think it is binding.

I also believe that he saw some of the shady stuff chip kelly did with them backing out of that bowl game and he wanted no part of it.

Oklahoma will be stacked on offense with him. His potential draft stock in 2023 or 2024 just went up.

Perfect situation for him but I'd prefer him to come back to UCF.

I also believe that he saw some of the shady stuff chip kelly did with them backing out of that bowl game and he wanted no part of it.

Oklahoma will be stacked on offense with him. His potential draft stock in 2023 or 2024 just went up.

Perfect situation for him but I'd prefer him to come back to UCF.
I understand. Some never learn, or are very slow, to move on.

UCLA got the cliff notes version of the DG experience

he will really be the test if arm talent can overcome the lack of intangibles that hasn’t shown up so far in his career. won’t be able to blame surrounding skill talent

Last edited:
So does this mean Tv announcers when mentioning DG they will say the former UCF transfer and UCLA transfer Dillon Gabriel? :p.

Reactions: tjb74
LOL. Probably so. I hate that that transfer moniker stays with a player after transferring. It's like big whoop.

WTF happen to UCLA. can’t make up his mind, this makes him look even more like a douche
I think he realized it's going to be a another year before UCLA has a good team. Also Williams must be gone, no way would they sacrifice a super star with multiple years left for a one and out

Reactions: ucfemup2021
He thinks Lebby will show favoritism towards
him even if the younnger QB looks great in camp which is a fair assumption
Yes I think DG gets the start and it’s his until they lose a game. Then pressure from donors will make him switch. They benched Rattler and he wasn’t terrible.

You think he transferred to sit on the bench? Do you honestly believe that?

If he's not the clear cut starter for OU in the fall, then he's stupid, and made a mistake that could well ruin his career.
I don’t think Williams is leaving OU. I think he’ll come back and he will retain the starting job

Reactions: U C to the F
I don’t think Williams is leaving OU. I think he’ll come back and he will retain the starting job
I have a hard time believing Gabriel didn’t make absolutely sure that Williams’ was gone and that it was indicated to him that there was a chance Williams might still come back and Gabriel still decided to take that chance.

I have a hard time believing Gabriel didn’t make absolutely sure that Williams’ was gone and that it was indicated to him that there was a chance Williams might still come back and Gabriel still decided to take that chance.
So Gabriel texted Williams and asked if he was really going to leave? What did Williams text back, something like “yeah bro I’m out, I’m going to Georgia…. But don’t tell anyone”

So Gabriel texted Williams and asked if he was really going to leave? What did Williams text back, something like “yeah bro I’m out, I’m going to Georgia…. But don’t tell anyone”
No, but the coaching staff has to have a feeling about how this is going. They also know how hard they're trying to get Williams to stay. Sure the coaching staff could just lie to Gabriel, but that seems like a dangerous precedent on how they treat portal players that could hurt them down the road.

Williams himself may not know what he’s going to do. He certainly isn’t telling DG or Lebby his plans and is probably waiting for NIL offers from UGA and USC.

I think Lebby would tell DG whatever he needs to tell him to get him on campus.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Is it that common that players go into the portal and then back out? The Fresno state QB, was looking at his 2nd transfer and potentially sitting out and the coach that came in had a relationship with him prior which played into the reason why he came back.

I highly doubt Caleb Williams doesn't have a lot of intel on where his landing spot will be.

You think OU is fine with Williams walking away? I’m sure they are doing anything and everything to get him to stay
Having Gabriel announce he’s transferring in immediately after Williams enters the portal is not the action of a team that’s doing everything to get him to stay.

Last edited:

Wow was not expecting this. Hope Caleb Williams doesn’t return.
These kids don't understand the definition of commit. What the hell is a "solid" commitment? Didn't realize there were degrees of commitment. Relating it to death, can you be a little dead, slightly dead, seriously dead?

Another term needs to be introduced, like Considering, or Interest... With a score value if people want to play that game. Get rid of the term Committed...Bad examples are being set using that term.

$.02

Wow! you know some players in the portal are going to be disappointed. At this point the supply has to be higher than the demand.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I think most of the frustration comes from knowing we had to live with his growing pains, as talented as he is. This was the season we were going to see if he was just very good or elite, which very good is still just that, very good. He had a very good first 3 games, and he played exceptionally well in the Louisville game. Now someone else is going to maybe benefit from that or see him jump to the next level….or not. Let’s just hope the karma of the universe bounces our way as well (across the entire team).

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I think most of the frustration comes from knowing we had to live with his growing pains, as talented as he is. This was the season we were going to see if he was just very good or elite, which very good is still just that, very good. He had a very good first 3 games, and he played exceptionally well in the Louisville game. Now someone else is going to maybe benefit from that or see him jump to the next level….or not. Let’s just hope the karma of the universe bounces our way as well (across the entire team).
Espn halftime of the LSU-KState game made a
good point about Caleb Williams entering the Portal in that he at least gave it his all in an OU uniform this season and even played in the Bowl game throwing 3 TDs.

that is not the case with DG , definitely feels unfinished

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee
It is their way to shade Caleb Williams more so than thinking DG is going to be a star . Program Pride of not liking him looking elsewhere
I’m sure that’s some of it. And when they lose their first game he will be benched, as of now they really think he’s the answer. Even though when they played us they would say he isn’t good enough.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT