ADVERTISEMENT

Why won’t coach simply say he’s coming back?

Agree. I know he doesn't want to lie and would rather dance around the issue, but his wording could be a little stronger . something like "I have no plans on leaving UCF this year, next year, or anytime soon. I am committed to the long term success of this program, and will not be taking any further questions on this subject"

You see that? Kill two birds with one stone.

It's simple. He hasn't thought about it either way. We and the media may not like it, but it's probably true.

And that's not a bad thing. If he has told himself he's not going to think about it until after the season, there may not even be an opening by then.

It's a delicate balance between keeping your program including recruits intact and looking for that next step up. Coaches and agents are much smarter following Sabans proclamation years ago that he wasn't going to be Alabama's coach.

The gameplan these days is to have the coach simply state he is not talking to X school (while his agent is doing all the legwork).

I agree with Sad. He needs to come out with a strong statement and then say he won't take any more questions on the subject through the rest of season. From there, he can pull his best Bill Belicheck when asked that question and just utter one word - the name of the next team we are playing.

Q: Coach , how do you respond to rumor xyz?
A: SMU

Q: Coach, did you see Nebraska fired Riley?
A: USF

and so on, eventually the press will get it and move on.

UCF will be fine without Frost. Nebraska could be fine with him, but most likely is doomed without him

No, they can't. If they could, they wouldn't need him. UCF won a BCS game recently without Frost. The arrow is pointing way up even without him. Nebraska is a dumpster fire right now and has been irrelevant for 17 years.

We can afford to lose him. They can't afford to not get him. They are more desperate because the future of Nebraska football depends on him and our future doesn't.

No, they can't. If they could, they wouldn't need him. UCF won a BCS game recently without Frost. The arrow is pointing way up even without him. Nebraska is a dumpster fire right now and has been irrelevant for 17 years.

We can afford to lose him. They can't afford to not get him. They are more desperate because the future of Nebraska football depends on him and our future doesn't.
Yeah. You're probably right. That's why they have invaded our board

As out there of a statement as this is, i do agree. Regardless, we can probably beat nebraska 9/10 years. That 1 year being 2015.

He's coming back. He's made it so obvious that he feels no need to address it

Because he doesn't have to and because I'm sure his agent has told him not to. In the event that he won't take the job, which is what I believe, it could mess up negotiations the school might have with other coaches. It's too soon.

Reactions: Mikesi
It's simple. He hasn't thought about it either way. We and the media may not like it, but it's probably true.

And that's not a bad thing. If he has told himself he's not going to think about it until after the season, there may not even be an opening by then.

He hasn't put any thought into it? Are you serious? I'm not sure blaming the media makes it so.

I'm a UF and UCF alum and i honestly expect him to be at Nebraska next year. Unfortunately, as long as UCF is in the AAC we will continue to be just a stepping stone to a bigger program. It's impossible to compete in recruiting with the Power 5 conferences. UCF will win a few battles but not enough long term. We need to upgrade the conference.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
I'm a UF and UCF alum and i honestly expect him to be at Nebraska next year. Unfortunately, as long as UCF is in the AAC we will continue to be just a stepping stone to a bigger program. It's impossible to compete in recruiting with the Power 5 conferences. UCF will win a few battles but not enough long term. We need to upgrade the conference.
Hell of a lot easier said than done. If only one of those P5 conferences could see past their own short-term greed, UCF could become an incredible asset for them.

Reactions: muckdawg24
I honestly expect him to go with what he's been inferring along. That he's coming back. He's not said or done anything to believe the contrary.

Maybe because he's an honorable dude and doesn't want to lie. Sorry guys this is the way it is in the AAC. If USF wins out we'll probably have to go through the same thing again. Enjoy him for the next 4 games maybe 5 if you make it to the conf. championship game.

Maybe you haven't seen the latest rankings, or the offer list of our recruits in the last two years. WE ARE COMPETING & WINNING!

Reactions: Miltonian
“I’m not going to be in a hurry to leave a good situation,” Frost told USA TODAY Sports' Paul Myerberg. “One reason I took this job is that this place has a chance to I think maintain a level of competitiveness and excellence because of the advantages we have here.”

Maybe because he's an honorable dude and doesn't want to lie. Sorry guys this is the way it is in the AAC. If USF wins out we'll probably have to go through the same thing again. Enjoy him for the next 4 games maybe 5 if you make it to the conf. championship game.

Awww Poor Little Owen. You know you Heifers ruined the big showdown. But you weren't going anyway.

That's why you're here. Living on a prayer. UCF will be fine without Frost. Nebraska could be fine with him, but most likely is doomed without him
This is exactly how I feel, although not all fans see it as Frost or bust like I do. But your not wrong.

Negotiation tactic. He now knows is value to the CFB world is north of $4 million. The one certain thing in all this is Frost will be getting a raise next year, either at UCF or somewhere else.

If he says "I'm coming back to UCF no matter what" the UCF has upper hand in negotiations. There at least needs to be a shred of doubt at the negotiation table so UCF will pay up.

I'm not worried.

Reactions: Mikesi
Oh geez. Like troll opinion really counts for anything

Negotiation tactic. He now knows is value to the CFB world is north of $4 million. The one certain thing in all this is Frost will be getting a raise next year, either at UCF or somewhere else.

If he says "I'm coming back to UCF no matter what" the UCF has upper hand in negotiations. There at least needs to be a shred of doubt at the negotiation table so UCF will pay up.

I'm not worried.
I agree

Tumbleweeds pass through all the time. They love it in Nebraska

Its better than taking two showers a day in the nasty humidity. One goes outside and he instantly sweats... Plus who wants to coach at a place where they can only fill up that tiny stadium less than half full? Memorial Stadium in Lincoln on gameday is the third largest city in the state. Husker fans care about their football.

you may have not got the joke, a previous 'husker troll was using fire ants as a reason not to live in Florida. We don't know if the troll was serious or not. But, it was pretty funny. I can see the headline now. "Scott Frost cites fire ants as reason to leave"

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT