ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

If Milton was only concerned about NIL, his smartest move by far would've been to stay at UCF. You don't think he's got more UCF fans willing to pay for his t-shirts and shit than FSU fans?
No kidding! lol he was HUGE at UCF. Don't listen to that posts above its completely false he left to compete.

Reactions: U C to the F
For one that was AFTER NIL was approved and he was AT FSU. Also below is quotes from the OS. Your completely putting false narratives together. Guy is the furthest thing away from selfish and didn't chance $ at FSU.

From the OS:

“It’s DG’s team now,” Milton said of Dillon Gabriel.

Milton announced Thursday he would enter the transfer portal to finish his college football career elsewhere. Although the decision did not come as a complete shock, he placed a lot of power in the hands of Gabriel.

Gabriel’s success and future in football played a major role in Milton’s decision to leave UCF, he said in a farewell video.

“There’s no reason — whether it’s a five-star recruit coming in, whether it’s me coming off the injury — he should have to even be put in a position to compete,” Milton said. “He’s earned that right to be our QB.”
He wasn’t handing the reigns over. He wasn’t going to play so he left. Most people knew he wouldn’t be good after injury. I guess you weren’t one.

He wasn’t handing the reigns over. He wasn’t going to play so he left. Most people knew he wouldn’t be good after injury. I guess you weren’t one.
Now your changing your thread you said he left for NIL?? We all knew it was Dillions team and he left to start somewhere and to hand the reigns over. But thanks for pointing out my point.

If Milton was only concerned about NIL, his smartest move by far would've been to stay at UCF. You don't think he's got more UCF fans willing to pay for his t-shirts and shit than FSU fans?
I gave multiple reasons why he left. That clown said NIL was not a factor of why he chose FSU. It absolutely was. He wasn’t looking to sell socks and shirts. He signed a deal with King from UM and other top players. Why do you think DG finally left? A real NIL deal where socks and shirts are peanuts.

I guess Mike Norvell was one too. Everyone knew it was going to be almost impossible for him to return to his previous level of play, but I’m not going to blame the guy for believing in himself. Kid did everything right, it was a miracle he even came back to play at all, but in the end his injury and time away from the game was too much for him to come back and be effective.

Reactions: lawknight
I gave multiple reasons why he left. That clown said NIL was not a factor of why he chose FSU. It absolutely was. He wasn’t looking to sell socks and shirts. He signed a deal with King from UM and other top players. Why do you think DG finally left? A real NIL deal where socks and shirts are peanuts.
You got anything to back up that he couldn’t have gotten that same deal at UCF?

Dude he would have stayed if he wanted money lol He was king here. Two different type of people your comparing. NIL wasn't the reason at all.

Now your changing your thread you said he left for NIL?? We all knew it was Dillions team and he left to start somewhere and to hand the reigns over. But thanks for pointing out my point.
I didn’t change anything. I said he had to leave if he wanted to play and he wasn’t good enough even at bad FSU.
People keep saying he left for DGs sake. He left for his own. He wasn’t going to start here. He went to dysfunctional FSU and was given reigns and still couldn’t do enough to start. He needed to leave. He wanted the little NIL money he got. Should have gone to FAU and possibly played more.

Which is true. He didn’t want the money? He literally complained about hospital bills as a reason players should get paid.
So he left for FSU for NIL reasons and to pay a medical bill. Gotcha. I will try to find the news article where he talks about it.............

What part of he left because he wasn’t going to start is puzzling to people? He founded the NIL company with King because of being P5 QBs. He loved DG so much and didn’t sponsor him in a company he owns? He even came to Orlando to sign autographs at Hawaiin restaurant. No UCF players were there. Wonder why.

What part of he left because he wasn’t going to start is puzzling to people? He founded the NIL company with King because of being P5 QBs. He loved DG so much and didn’t sponsor him in a company he owns? He even came to Orlando to sign autographs at Hawaiin restaurant. No UCF players were there. Wonder why.
It was documented at the time that DG was offered to be sponsored and declined. wanted to separate his brand , you are just making up a narrative on this

I wouldn't say he left for the $$$, I think it was obvious the desire to get back on the field. But I think you'd have to be incredibly naive to think that the possiblity of NIL $$ didn't come into the conversation, otherwise there were probably 50 G5 teams that would have started him and kept him in regardless. Central Michigan $$$ isn't FSU $$$. In other words, he made a smart decision (at the time). Being a success at FSU is bigger $$$ than a presence at UCF, and a presence at UCF $$$ is far bigger than staring everyday at say CMU $$$. Next weeks bowl game would have been far more interesting/painful had it been a Milton FSU v. UCF.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
PS He also made the decision under the previous HC, with no signs that said HC was leaving, so that probably was the biggest 'push' out the door for him. Remember the rumors of hopefully a series or so for Mliton in the usf game? Who knows what was said between HC and him, maybe nothing, or maybe ---there's no chance of any playing time happening.

I’d wait until all the Bowls are over. Probably quite a few want the Bowl experience and CFP before leaving.

Reactions: PhDee
QB Williams from Texas is still out there right? After Nix I thought he might be a good fit for us if there is interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT