ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

So when the facts counter your narrative you resort to name calling. Grow up.
You said they had identical records. That’s not a “fact” like you claim. The second half of our schedule is historically bad and we struggled against nearly every one of them. You can try to argue a point that MK played as well as DG but again it can only be argued with someone who hasn’t watched either play.

I didn't say they had identical records. I said he already equaled his record. Equaled and surpassed it. If you have surpassed it that includes having equaled it. Understanding language is hard, for some.

I didn't say they had identical records. I said he already equaled his record. Equaled and surpassed it. If you have surpassed it that includes having equaled it. Understanding language is hard, for some.
Whatever brother. I’m sure it makes sense in your mind.

247sports reports:
While a player entering their name in the transfer portal means they intend to explore their options, it does not necessarily mean they will leave. A player is free to withdraw his name at any time. However, schools are under no obligation to keep a player on scholarship once they enter the portal.

247sports reports:
While a player entering their name in the transfer portal means they intend to explore their options, it does not necessarily mean they will leave. A player is free to withdraw his name at any time. However, schools are under no obligation to keep a player on scholarship once they enter the portal.
He’s gone and he knows where he’s going.

His Father’s quotes makes it seem like watching the offense without him was a factor …

To me it’s all just coach speak for lack of a better term. He’s been in contact with an agent who brokered a deal to go to new school. Frost will stop at nothing now that he’s 1 year from being fired. Being unethical is not below him. Not saying DG is going there. Just 1 school that is looking for a QB.

It’s a money grab, plain and clear. Almost can’t blame him since all he could muster here were some dumb ugly socks and an ugly basketball jersey.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
An honest question, does anyone think Gus's offense scheme is built for Gabriel? In the few games he did play, people kept pointing out how little he threw down field and most plays were designed for 5-10 yard variety.

Gus would not recruit a Gabriel type QB and Gabriel would not have gone to a team with an offensive scheme that Gus implements. Instead of jumping ship in Feb, he gave it a shot. Realized it's not for him and left.

Gabriel is going to go somewhere and be very successful, still don't think he will have success in NFL. However, there is not even a single alternative universe where Keene will be a better QB that Gabriel in the upcoming year.

To me it’s all just coach speak for lack of a better term. He’s been in contact with an agent who brokered a deal to go to new school. Frost will stop at nothing now that he’s 1 year from being fired. Being unethical is not below him. Not saying DG is going there. Just 1 school that is looking for a QB.
I don’t think he would risk Nebraska and Frost actually wants his QBs to run more similar to Gus

Is Myles Brennan a Gus type of QB he is in portal and has been linked to going back home to Mississippi prior to DG's decision today.

Don't see DG going to Nebraska as Frost was gone when he showed up to Orlando. Obvious spots are Ole Miss or Tennessee. After that no obvious destination that isn't set or coaching change.

With Transfer Portal can coaches still alter the decision? Example: Can't transfer to a school on the schedule, in conference, or pick random schools.

Reactions: Knight Strength

just saw that tunnel video ..definitely not a good look. he has bimbo knightnews girl spinning for him on Twitter but she is too dense to understand that most fans are not mad about the decision itself but the circumstances around it. Very good chance he misled Gus as well

Last edited:
I don’t get the whole “Gus’ scheme” as some keep saying is the reason he left. He totally dogged Huepel’s scheme publicly, which is what Lebby will similarly run. He was way more efficient and our offense was humming before he and others were injured, no idea how short memory ppl have here. The pick 6 @ Louisville was not on him, hit Amari Johnson on the lead shoulder. He averaged 271 yards passing and was avg 42 yards rushing a game. He had passing TDs, rushing TDs and a receiving TD. If he just wants to throw it deep, Gus play calling adapted, albeit not good, to the talent level we had which was a bad qb who couldn’t throw more than a screen or 5 yards.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
During the game I think Okeefe threw a pass. While on sideline DG came over to him to tell him nice pass and Okeefe ignored him. Not sure if I’m reading too much into it.

Sure boss, whatever you say. I’m sure Mikey Keene would throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs no problem.
You can hate Keene if you like, your prerogative, but Coach Gus's offence, for better or worse, does not throw the ball like Heup. So yards per game is not really very relative is it?

Reactions: KnightLife1
An honest question, does anyone think Gus's offense scheme is built for Gabriel? In the few games he did play, people kept pointing out how little he threw down field and most plays were designed for 5-10 yard variety.

Gus would not recruit a Gabriel type QB and Gabriel would not have gone to a team with an offensive scheme that Gus implements. Instead of jumping ship in Feb, he gave it a shot. Realized it's not for him and left.

Gabriel is going to go somewhere and be very successful, still don't think he will have success in NFL. However, there is not even a single alternative universe where Keene will be a better QB that Gabriel in the upcoming year.
This is part of some of the things I was trying to say but you have said it so much better. Thanks.

just saw that tunnel video ..definitely not a good look. he has bimbo knightnews girl spinning for him on Twitter but she is too dense to understand that most fans are not mad about the decision itself but the circumstances around it. Very good chance he misled Gus as well
Agree. Looked like a Douche Canoe showing up to work to hand in a resignation letter. Im starting to think he may be the cancer in the locker room

You can hate Keene if you like, your prerogative, but Coach Gus's offence, for better or worse, does not throw the ball like Heup. So yards per game is not really very relative is it?
I’m of course referring to the Boise State game where DG threw for 300 yards and 4 TDs against a top 15 scoring defense in the country. Meanwhile MK has thrown for sub 150 against some of the worst defenses the sport has to offer. It is what it is. I don’t think Gus’s offense will attract top flight passing QBs. Let’s just hope he can find a QB that “fits” since apparently it isn’t going to be DG or MK. Either he will do it or he won’t.

I’m of course referring to the Boise State game where DG threw for 300 yards and 4 TDs against a top 15 scoring defense in the country. Meanwhile MK has thrown for sub 150 against some of the worst defenses the sport has to offer. It is what it is. I don’t think Gus’s offense will attract top flight passing QBs. Let’s just hope he can find a QB that “fits” since apparently it isn’t going to be DG or MK. Either he will do it or he won’t.
Just curious, do you like Goach Gus's kind of offense?

Anyone see that Brian Smith guy on Twitter calling UCF fans idiots for not liking DG transferring? He wants people to click on his junk and is calling them names. I doubt that strategy will work.

• Wow
Reactions: U C to the F
I can see Gus looking at Myles Brennan or possibly Bo Ni or Finley (if either decides to transfer ) If DG goes to Ole Miss there is a good chance their 4 star backup enters the portal. Also I think there is a dual threat from Utah that would fit Gus’s system.

We’re definitely worse for losing DG, right now. This is definitely more of a “scheme fit” move for him. He’s better suited to throw the ball 35-40 times and run it 1-2 times than throw 25 times and run it 10-15 times, which is exactly what Gus wants to do.
We’re worse right now for losing him, which is why a lot of people are upset. But let’s see what Gus does with a possible transfer or see how Castellanos works out.

Best of luck to DG! 🤙

I can see Gus looking at Myles Brennan or possibly Bo Ni or Finley (if either decides to transfer ) If DG goes to Ole Miss there is a good chance their 4 star backup enters the portal. Also I think there is a dual threat from Utah that would fit Gus’s system.
Now the waiting game starts. Early signings December 15 can't get here soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT