ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

DG visiting UCLA this weekend , mentioned them earlier in the thread based on their depth chart and USC will be loaded

for NIL it is Los Angeles but their Football fanbase is apathetic, basketball program gets more attention from students and fans . probably would sell more NIL merch at Ole Miss

Spencer Rattler has been Crystal Balled to UCLA for a week now by someone at 247. Nothing official, but tons of rumors he goes there. With DG in the mix, seems like Chip Kelly and UCLA will have some options (they also have their QB - Thompson-Robinson - with another year of eligibility if he doesn’t declare for the draft).

I do agree DG visits some PAC12 schools. Stanford knows what he can do. Their offense doesn’t seem to fit him. Maybe Oregon? They’ve had a solid HI pipeline for some time now. I’m sure they have recruits/depth at the position, so he would have to come in and compete/win a job. Oof, the Ducks QB this year was brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't be shocked that a team picks Gabriel over Rattler, unless Gabriel shows his arm has degraded from injury.

What's DGs plan now? Lebby at Oklahoma, DG won't dare transfer to OU, he won't beat out Caleb Williams.

Spencer Rattler has been Crystal Balled to UCLA for a week now by someone at 247. Nothing official, but tons of rumors he goes there. With DG in the mix, seems like Chip Kelly and UCLA will have some options (they also have their QB - Thompson-Robinson - with another year of eligibility if he doesn’t declare for the draft).

I do agree DG visits some PAC12 schools. Stanford knows what he can do. Their offense doesn’t seem to fit him. Maybe Oregon? They’ve had a solid HI pipeline for some time now. I’m sure they have recruits/depth at the position, so he would have to come in and compete/win a job. Oof, the Ducks QB this year was brutal.
He was probably 100% set on Ole Miss for months but this Lebby move probably has him all over the place . Rattler hasn’t agreed to visit UCLA yet

Reactions: PhDee
This is why you don't make business decisions based on 1 person at the company you like.
Odds are he made the decision to come to UCF because of Milton, and Milton most likely made his decision based on Frost. In the college football world, its pretty common which is why when coaches leave there is often a lot of transfers.

People may still not believe it, but if Malzahn had a QB that fit his play calling better he would want to start him over Gabriel.

Odds are he made the decision to come to UCF because of Milton, and Milton most likely made his decision based on Frost. In the college football world, its pretty common which is why when coaches leave there is often a lot of transfers.

People may still not believe it, but if Malzahn had a QB that fit his play calling better he would want to start him over Gabriel.
Fair. All I'm trying to say is, people leave jobs all the time, and if you go somewhere because of one person, it's super risky.

I think it's better to take a job where you believe in the mission of the institution and get a good feel by a variety of people.

man Gwoz has been consistently negative on Gus for a while.

DG wasn’t losing his starting job if he stayed
I just don't tend to side on the coaching staff that every decision they make is correct and its always the players fault for not falling in line (although I would never agree with Gabriel's handling of his selling his brand as if he was part of the program). As far as players being disenchanted with the current staff, it goes back to Bentavious, Gabriel is not the only one that wasn't on board.

As for Gus bus, outside of recruiting rankings, he hasn't done anything to set him up as a home run hire. He will still actually have to deliver on the field with those recruits.

This is why you don't make business decisions based on 1 person at the company you like.

Fair. All I'm trying to say is, people leave jobs all the time, and if you go somewhere because of one person, it's super risky.

I think it's better to take a job where you believe in the mission of the institution and get a good feel by a variety of people.
I agree but Many adults don’t think this why, so it’s hard to expect kids to do so unless they have good support around them.

I just don't tend to side on the coaching staff that every decision they make is correct and its always the players fault for not falling in line (although I would never agree with Gabriel's handling of his selling his brand as if he was part of the program). As far as players being disenchanted with the current staff, it goes back to Bentavious, Gabriel is not the only one that wasn't on board.

As for Gus bus, outside of recruiting rankings, he hasn't done anything to set him up as a home run hire. He will still actually have to deliver on the field with those recruits.
You keep insinuating Gus is this O’Leary type Coach that is running off players which isn’t true .

Bentavious isn’t close to the same situation and I am pretty sure he had an off the field discipline issue that was never made public

So, if for 4 years straight a coach starts a QB who is not even good, do you really want to say that the only problem is with the qb? I think your premise is a little shaky. What about a coach who would put him out there for 4 years if that were the case?

Although I remain disappointed in how Frost left UCF, I still think Frost is a good coach and, as such, and as a former championship quarterback, he knows a good quarterback when he sees one, and that's why he stuck with Martinez for 4 years. If you want to disagree with that go right ahead but I think you are digging an even deeper hole with the argument that Frost kept a bad QB on the field for 4 years.
He’s 34-36 overall. He’s 15-29 as Nebraska’s coach. In six seasons as a head coach he has one season where he finished .500 or better. He’s not a good head coach. He was blessed with great players at his tenure at UCF.

Players make coaches. That is why recruiting is so important.

He was talking about UCLA’s QB, D. Thompson-Robinson.
I still have concerns for our WRs transferring. Hopefully, an early use of new freshmen QB recruit from GA will be attractive to our WRs. J-Flash didn't look himself when he came back from injury as he dropped more passes than before. Think it might be related to getting use to right-handed QB spin on the ball again.

I still have concerns for our WRs transferring. Hopefully, an early use of new freshmen QB recruit from GA will be attractive to our WRs. J-Flash didn't look himself when he came back from injury as he dropped more passes than before. Think it might be related to getting use to right-handed QB spin on the ball again.
Yea hard to come back to a completely different QB.

remember J-Flash already transferred once. Moving around that much for undergrad would suck socially. That may work in UCF’s favor

Megatron played for GaTech (who barely threw the ball). NFL teams might know a thing or two about evaluating players, no matter where they are at.

Megatron played for GaTech (who barely threw the ball). NFL teams might know a thing or two about evaluating players, no matter where they are at.
GaTech did run more, but Calvin Johnson stats were top 5 in the nation. 1200 yards, 76 receptions, 15 tds. Of course his measurables were off the charts, he could have played basketball in college and still get drafted in NFL.

I don't believe Gabriel left because he doesn't think he could get drafted at UCF. An FCS player goes in the first round every few years. Combine and private workouts with teams holds so much more weight now a days than actual playing.

Reactions: Knight Strength
remember J-Flash already transferred once. Moving around that much for undergrad would suck socially. That may work in UCF’s favor
He’s a redshirt junior, so he won’t be an undergrad much longer. He will likely be graduated by the end of this school year, so a one season show out somewhere else of what he can do wouldn’t be completely out of the question.

But I agree, that’s a lot of moving around. I really hope he sticks around. For one, I think Keene will get stronger and improve his game by next season. We must deliberately take more scheduled downfield shots (like the Temple game).

Reactions: KnightLife1
DG isn't a dual threat QB which is big in P5 schools. This is what I was writing about above.
Jeff Lebby the OC for new team making offers to other QBs.
True, he's not a dual threat all though he has run on occasion!! o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT