Defense was bend dont break as usual, but they forced turnovers
Tulane was gifted 2 tds by refs

I rewatched portions of the game and can conclude:

JRP can be elite when he is on his game
Tulane trying to play man cvg was exploited all game
Loved the 3 rb rotations. Everyone was fresh
Defense was bend dont break as usual, but they forced turnovers
Tulane was gifted 2 tds by refs
Should have been a blowout 3 score win but these refs really tried their hardest to screw us. I hate being a lame duck in a conference, saw it leaving CUSA also. No one can tell me that’s not a thing…

The bs PI and bs roughing the kicker directly led to 2tds where we had made a good defensive stop. I agree with you
There was a REALLY bad holding call called on Grable too. Was not at all a hold. I can’t remember if it was as impactful as the other 3 but it negated a nice run and put us beind the sticks. Can't remember if we didn’t score that drive and punted.

Reactions: UCFootball14
It was, collectively, the worst referee performance I’ve ever seen. Bad calls on both sides. I think it wound up being pretty equal in terms of the bad calls. Not only that, the unnecessary, prolonged stoppages really made the game an uneven mess

Happy for the win, happy for JRP doing well enough, AND I adamantly love JRP's heart and how much he puts his body on the line for this team but damn I think Mikey is just the better guy at QB. Sucks Gus wants to go this route (and Mikey is going to leave us and I will root for him wherever he goes) but I try to have faith in Gus, QB1, and try not to be an armchair general here.
I do believe this was also a "horses for courses" type of scenario. Tulane had shown they could be gashed by the run and JRP was the man for the job.

Keene definitely leaves after this year, and he should. As Gus has said and as I think most of us agree, he can start at many other schools tomorrow. He's put some very good play on film this year, he won't have a problem.

Great post-game questions by the reporters...NOT. Nobody asked Gus about that 4th down play where we snapped it on our own end and Bowser threw the ball at Plumlee, who got bailed out by the refs. We don't get the flag, that game could have ended differently. That play could have been a massive disaster/blunder. Also, nobody asked Gus about taking gimme FGs after a turnover. "Hello Gus. What analytic says when the other team gives you the opportunity for free points after a turnover, that you pass them up?" Nobody asked him about Harvey. It seemed obvious he wasn't 100% but they at least need to be asking that question, even though the coach is going to give you "coach speak" back. Nobody asked why we were squibb-kicking and shorting kick-offs. Again, he'll probably give a "coach speak" answer but maybe he gives you a nugget into why they were doing that. I know I'm preaching to the choir but it's just frustrating when a room of people don't do their jobs, and just show up. They might was well just get paid to travel and watch the games.

I do believe this was also a "horses for courses" type of scenario. Tulane had shown they could be gashed by the run and JRP was the man for the job.

Keene definitely leaves after this year, and he should. As Gus has said and as I think most of us agree, he can start at many other schools tomorrow. He's put some very good play on film this year, he won't have a problem.
I think some of us would like to keep him if we wants to stay.

Great post-game questions by the reporters...NOT. Nobody asked Gus about that 4th down play where we snapped it on our own end and Bowser threw the ball at Plumlee, who got bailed out by the refs. We don't get the flag, that game could have ended differently. That play could have been a massive disaster/blunder. Also, nobody asked Gus about taking gimme FGs after a turnover. "Hello Gus. What analytic says when the other team gives you the opportunity for free points after a turnover, that you pass them up?" Nobody asked him about Harvey. It seemed obvious he wasn't 100% but they at least need to be asking that question, even though the coach is going to give you "coach speak" back. Nobody asked why we were squibb-kicking and shorting kick-offs. Again, he'll probably give a "coach speak" answer but maybe he gives you a nugget into why they were doing that. I know I'm preaching to the choir but it's just frustrating when a room of people don't do their jobs, and just show up. They might was well just get paid to travel and watch the games.
You act like you're surprised. We've got the weakest group of reporters who are there to kiss everyone's ass. If I hafta hear Brandon's voice chuckling, and bootlicking during his questions and in doing so, basically answering the question before the respondent can even answer, I'm gonna vomit.

You act like you're surprised. We've got the weakest group of reporters who are there to kiss everyone's ass. If I hafta hear Brandon's voice chuckling, and bootlicking during his questions and in doing so, basically answering the question before the respondent can even answer, I'm gonna vomit.
They asked Gus about the play where we tried like a 60 yard FG, and Gus indicated the guy screwed up and snapped the ball. Wasn’t supposed to. That’s why I’m surprised. This looked like an even worse decision. Agree, though, I’m not surprised.

Our player had his back turned and the kickers momentum carried him forward. Bad call
Judgement call. You aren’t allowed to go where the kickers follow through is unless you get a piece of ball. He didn’t have a shot and should have stopped or change path to farther away from kicker.

But tune into the 50 pic photo album after the restaurant questions!

-Left 4 points on the first drive not scoring a TD from the 3. (-4)
-Left 7 on the sack fumble return to the 15ish then the facemask to the 5ish. (-11)
-gave up 7 on 2 fake PI calls, a non recovered fumble(jump on the damn ball), then the roughing the kicker. (-18)
- got 7 back with the bad 4th down call with PI and the illegal man downfield flag picked up. (-11)

did I miss any other points we left on the field ?

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Announcers for this game seemed more favorable than i had ever noticed before. They kept talking about how good all of our players were. Mainly offense. Bowser, Harvey, Baker, okeefe, Richardson oh wait we didnt mention JRP or MK.

Did anyone else pick up on that?

If no name on Jersey maybe someones jersey ripped and he put the 1 no one else was using on. As long as you notify other team of the number change it isn’t against rules.

JRP = Great runner & sporadic inaccurate passer

Mikey = Not a great runner & more accurate passer.

I support whoever plays for UCF. However, JRP stresses me out big time in the passing department. Throws high pretty consistently on moderate routes and never seems to be in a groove with the wrs.

I really wish Gus brought Mikey in certain situations where we were 100% passing. We clearly have RB packages. Why not QB packages?

JRP = Great runner & sporadic inaccurate passer

Mikey = Not a great runner & more accurate passer.

I support whoever plays for UCF. However, JRP stresses me out big time in the passing department. Throws high pretty consistently on moderate routes and never seems to be in a groove with the wrs.

I really wish Gus brought Mikey in certain situations where we were 100% passing. We clearly have RB packages. Why not QB packages?
He seems to feed Baker most of the time. Not sure if hes going through progressions or just going to him no matter what.

Reactions: Yaes
He seems to feed Baker most of the time. Not sure if hes going through progressions or just going to him no matter what.
His major shortcomings have been his footwork and going through his progressions. Too often he has "happy feet" which is an advantage when he pulls it down to run but a challenge when he tries to pass. He's got to get better at the fundamentals needed to be a big time passing QB. Mikey's matured since last year and is already solid in his fundamentals. Combine the two and you've got a legit Heisman candidate.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT